Elaine M Quinet
Affiliation: Wyeth Research
- Gene-selective modulation by a synthetic oxysterol ligand of the liver X receptorElaine M Quinet
Departments of Cardiovascular Metabolic Diseases, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA 19246, USA
J Lipid Res 45:1929-42. 2004..DMHCA and related gene-selective ligands of LXR may have application to the study and treatment of atherosclerosis...
- Liver X receptor (LXR)-beta regulation in LXRalpha-deficient mice: implications for therapeutic targetingElaine M Quinet
Department of Cardiovascular Metabolic Diseases, Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Road, RN2229, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Mol Pharmacol 70:1340-9. 2006..In summary, selective LXRbeta activation is expected to stimulate ABCA1 gene expression in macrophages, contribute to favorable HDL increases, but circumvent hepatic LXRalpha-dominated lipogenesis...
- Identification of phenylsulfone-substituted quinoxaline (WYE-672) as a tissue selective liver X-receptor (LXR) agonistBaihua Hu
Chemical Sciences, Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, 500 Arcola Road, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
J Med Chem 53:3296-304. 2010..These results suggest quinoxaline 13 may have an improved biological profile for potential use as a therapeutic agent...
- LXR ligand lowers LDL cholesterol in primates, is lipid neutral in hamster, and reduces atherosclerosis in mouseElaine M Quinet
Department of Cardiovascular Metabolic Diseases and Nuclear Receptor Biology, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA, USA
J Lipid Res 50:2358-70. 2009..WAY-252623 displays a unique and favorable pharmacological profile suggesting synthetic LXR ligands with these characteristics may be suitable for evaluation in patients with atherosclerotic dyslipidemia...
- Discovery and implementation of transcriptional biomarkers of synthetic LXR agonists in peripheral blood cellsElizabeth A DiBlasio-Smith
Department of Biological Technologies, Wyeth Research, 35 CambridgePark Drive, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
J Transl Med 6:59. 2008..Anti-atherosclerotic effects of synthetic LXR agonists in murine models suggest clinical utility for such compounds...
- Identification of 5α, 6α-epoxycholesterol as a novel modulator of liver X receptor activityThomas J Berrodin
Women s Health and Musculoskeletal Biology, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, PA, USA
Mol Pharmacol 78:1046-58. 2010..These results clearly demonstrate that 5,6-EC is an LXR modulator that may play a role in the development of lipid disorders, such as atherosclerosis, by antagonizing the agonistic action of endogenous LXR ligands...
- Design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of thio-containing compounds with serum HDL-cholesterol-elevating propertiesHassan Elokdah
Medicinal Chemistry, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, New Jersey 08543, USA
J Med Chem 47:681-95. 2004..Further evaluation of selected compounds in a dose-response paradigm culminated in the identification of compound 2.39 as a candidate compound for advanced preclinical studies...
- Modulation of adipose tissue development by pharmacological inhibition of PAI-1David L Crandall
Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease Research, Wyeth Research, N2265A, PO Box 42528, Philadelphia, PA 19101, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 26:2209-15. 2006..The effect of a novel small molecule plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAI-1) inhibitor on adipose tissue physiology was investigated...