James H Pickar
Affiliation: Wyeth Research
- Endometrial effects of a tissue selective estrogen complex containing bazedoxifene/conjugated estrogens as a menopausal therapyJames H Pickar
Wyeth Research, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19101, USA
Fertil Steril 92:1018-24. 2009..To evaluate the endometrial safety of a tissue selective estrogen complex (TSEC; pairing of a selective estrogen receptor modulator [SERM] with estrogens) composed of bazedoxifene/conjugated estrogens (BZA/CE) in postmenopausal women...
- Do journals have a publication bias?James H Pickar
Wyeth Research, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Maturitas 57:16-9. 2007..Additionally, the routine practice of a journal providing copies of articles and press releases related to those articles in advance of the journal's publication and general availability requires evaluation...
- Endometrial effects of lower doses of conjugated equine estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate: two-year substudy resultsJames H Pickar
Wyeth Research, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101 2528, USA
Fertil Steril 80:1234-40. 2003..To determine the endometrial safety of 2 years of treatment with lower doses of continuous combined conjugated equine estrogens (CEE) and medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA)...
- Endometrial effects of bazedoxifene acetate, a novel selective estrogen receptor modulator, in postmenopausal womenSheila Ronkin
Wyeth Research, Collegeville, Pennsylvania 19426, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:1397-404. 2005..To assess the endometrial effects of bazedoxifene acetate in healthy postmenopausal women...
- Estrogens in postmenopausal women: recent insightsGinger D Constantine
Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Road, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Curr Opin Pharmacol 3:626-34. 2003..Ongoing investigations into different formulations and dosing options, as well as genetic factors that might influence the response to therapy, should provide valuable information...
- Body composition during treatment with conjugated estrogens with and without medroxyprogesterone acetate: analysis of the women's Health, Osteoporosis, Progestin, Estrogen (HOPE) trialIan H Thorneycroft
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:137.e1-7. 2007..The objective of the study was to determine the effects of several doses of conjugated estrogens (CE) and CE plus medroxyprogesterone acetate (MPA) on body composition (BC)...
- Identification of a novel estrogen-regulated gene, EIG121, induced by hormone replacement therapy and differentially expressed in type I and type II endometrial cancerLei Deng
Department of Pathology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:8258-64. 2005..Here, we describe the expression pattern of a novel estrogen-induced gene, EIG121, in distinct types of endometrial cancer...
- Bone response to treatment with lower doses of conjugated estrogens with and without medroxyprogesterone acetate in early postmenopausal womenRobert Lindsay
Helen Hayes Hospital, Route 9 W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Osteoporos Int 16:372-9. 2005..In summary, continued bone loss among early postmenopausal women treated with lower doses of CE or CE/MPA is uncommon...
- Body mass index does not influence response to treatment, nor does body weight change with lower doses of conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone acetate in early postmenopausal womenWulf H Utian
Rapid Medical Research, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Menopause 11:306-14. 2004....
- Coordinate regulation of the production and signaling of retinoic acid by estrogen in the human endometriumLei Deng
Department of Integrative Biology and Pharmacology, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2157-63. 2003..This coordinate mechanism may play a role in the antiproliferative effects that counterbalance the estrogen-induced endometrial proliferation...
- Menopausal symptoms in older women and the effects of treatment with hormone therapyVanessa M Barnabei
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:1209-18. 2002..The frequency and severity of such symptoms and response to hormone therapy in older women have not been well documented...
- Effect of lower doses of conjugated equine estrogens with and without medroxyprogesterone acetate on bone in early postmenopausal womenRobert Lindsay
Internal Medicine, Helen Hayes Hospital, Rte 9W, West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
JAMA 287:2668-76. 2002..This lower-dose therapy's protection against loss of bone mineral density (BMD) associated with menopause has not been thoroughly investigated...