Affiliation: Wright State University
- AAPL practice guideline for forensic psychiatric evaluation of defendants raising the insanity defense. American Academy of Psychiatry and the LawDeborah Giorgi-Guarnieri
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 30:S3-40. 2002..Forensic psychiatric analyses and formulations of opinions are, therefore, subject to change as the legal guidance changes...
- Daubert, cognitive malingering, and test accuracyDouglas Mossman
Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Wright State University School of Medicine, University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio, USA
Law Hum Behav 27:229-49. 2003..The results can help mental health experts respond to Daubert-inspired challenges to conclusions based on malingering measures...
- Another look at interpreting risk categoriesDouglas Mossman
Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, USA
Sex Abuse 18:41-63. 2006..The article offers recommendations for researchers who design and evaluate actuarial methods of assessing risk and for clinicians who interpret results from risk assessment instruments...
- Predicting restorability of incompetent criminal defendantsDouglas Mossman
Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:34-43. 2007..Nonetheless, courts may still deem low probabilities of success to be "substantial" enough to warrant attempts at restoration...
- Analyzing the performance of risk assessment instruments: a response to Vrieze and Grove (2007)Douglas Mossman
Department of Psychiatry, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, East Medical Plaza, First Floor, 627 Edwin C Moses Blvd, Dayton, OH 45408 1461, USA
Law Hum Behav 32:279-91. 2008..Contrary to what Vrieze and Grove suggest, ARAIs of modest accuracy yield probabilistic information that is more relevant to legal decision-making than just "betting the base rate."..
- Unbuckling the "chemical straitjacket": the legal significance of recent advances in the pharmacological treatment of psychosisDouglas Mossman
Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Wright State University School of Medicine, USA
San Diego Law Rev 39:1033-164. 2002
- Tests of a symptom checklist to screen for comorbid psychiatric disorders in alcoholismAshley B Benjamin
Oklahoma City VA, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Compr Psychiatry 47:227-33. 2006..Self-report symptom checklists such as the SCL-90-R may be useful in screening substance rehabilitation patients for more detailed psychiatric assessment and may prove clinically useful in the assessment of alcoholic patients...
- How a rabbi's sermon resolved my Tarasoff conflictDouglas Mossman
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 32:359-63. 2004
- Mind-brain dualism in psychiatric reasoningDouglas Mossman
Am J Psychiatry 163:2017; author reply 2017-8. 2006