Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Wright State University
- Fite K, Elkhadragy L, Gomez Cambronero J. A Repertoire of MicroRNAs Regulates Cancer Cell Starvation by Targeting Phospholipase D in a Feedback Loop That Operates Maximally in Cancer Cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2016;36:1078-89 pubmed publisher..It can further prevent inhibition of apoptosis and allow cells to survive nutrient deprivation, which normal cells cannot do. ..
- Ganesan R, Mallets E, Gomez Cambronero J. The transcription factors Slug (SNAI2) and Snail (SNAI1) regulate phospholipase D (PLD) promoter in opposite ways towards cancer cell invasion. Mol Oncol. 2016;10:663-76 pubmed publisher..The newly uncovered feedback loops in highly invasive cancer cells have important implications in the process of EMT. ..
- Miller T, Gomez Cambronero J. A feedback mechanism between PLD and deadenylase PARN for the shortening of eukaryotic poly(A) mRNA tails that is deregulated in cancer cells. Biol Open. 2017;6:176-186 pubmed publisher..In summary, we report for the first time the involvement of a phospholipase (PLD2) and PA in mediating PARN-induced eukaryotic mRNA decay and the crosstalk between the two enzymes that is deregulated in breast cancer cells. ..
- Gomez Cambronero J, Morris A, Henkels K. PLD Protein-Protein Interactions With Signaling Molecules and Modulation by PA. Methods Enzymol. 2017;583:327-357 pubmed publisher..Detection of PA in mammalian cells with a new biosensor showed colocalization in and around the nucleus. We also described methods for quantitation of PA in biological materials by HPLC electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry. ..
- Gomez Cambronero J, Horn J, Paul C, Baumann M. Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor is a chemoattractant cytokine for human neutrophils: involvement of the ribosomal p70 S6 kinase signaling pathway. J Immunol. 2003;171:6846-55 pubmed..These data indicate that GM-CSF exhibits chemotactic functionality and suggest new avenues for the investigation of the molecular basis of chemotaxis as it relates to inflammation and tissue injury. ..
- Gomez Cambronero J, Frye T, Baumann M. Ribosomal p70S6K basal activity increases upon induction of differentiation of myelomonocytic leukemic cell lines HL60, AML14 and MPD. Leuk Res. 2004;28:755-62 pubmed....
- Speranza F, Mahankali M, Gomez Cambronero J. Macrophage migration arrest due to a winning balance of Rac2/Sp1 repression over ?-catenin-induced PLD expression. J Leukoc Biol. 2013;94:953-62 pubmed publisher..If this immobilization is prolonged enough, it could lead to chronic inflammation. ..
- Gomez Cambronero J. Phosphatidic acid, phospholipase D and tumorigenesis. Adv Biol Regul. 2014;54:197-206 pubmed publisher....
- Gomez Cambronero J, Carman G. Thematic minireview series on phospholipase D and cancer. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:22554-6 pubmed publisher..PLD represents a potential target for the rational development of therapeutics against cancer and other diseases. ..
- Speranza F, Mahankali M, Henkels K, Gomez Cambronero J. The molecular basis of leukocyte adhesion involving phosphatidic acid and phospholipase D. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:28885-97 pubmed publisher..A prolonged adhesion could effectively counteract the reversible intrinsic nature of this cellular process and constitute a key player in chronic inflammation. ..
- Henkels K, Mallets E, Dennis P, Gomez Cambronero J. S6K is a morphogenic protein with a mechanism involving Filamin-A phosphorylation and phosphatidic acid binding. FASEB J. 2015;29:1299-313 pubmed publisher..This new signaling set, PA-S6K-FLNA-actin, sheds light for the first time into the morphogenic pathway of cytoskeletal structures that are crucial for adhesion and cell locomotion during inflammation and metastasis. ..
- Fite K, Gomez Cambronero J. Down-regulation of MicroRNAs (MiRs) 203, 887, 3619 and 182 Prevents Vimentin-triggered, Phospholipase D (PLD)-mediated Cancer Cell Invasion. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:719-30 pubmed publisher....
- Gomez Cambronero J, Fite K, Miller T. How miRs and mRNA deadenylases could post-transcriptionally regulate expression of tumor-promoting protein PLD. Adv Biol Regul. 2017;: pubmed publisher....