Francisco J Alvarez-Leefmans
Affiliation: Wright State University
- Molecular and functional expression of cation-chloride cotransporters in dorsal root ganglion neurons during postnatal maturationShihong Mao
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio 45435 0001, USA
J Neurophysiol 108:834-52. 2012..DRG neurons express mRNAs for KCC1, KCC3s, and KCC4, but not for KCC2s. Mechanisms underlying PANs' developmental changes in Cl(-) homeostasis are discussed and compared with those of central neurons...
- Simultaneous measurement of water volume and pH in single cells using BCECF and fluorescence imaging microscopyFrancisco J Alvarez-Leefmans
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio 45435, USA
Biophys J 90:608-18. 2006..Calibration procedures and algorithms developed to transform fluorescence signals into changes in cell water volume (CWV) and examples of applications are presented...
- Na+,K+,2Cl- cotransport and intracellular chloride regulation in rat primary sensory neurons: thermodynamic and kinetic aspectsHéctor I Rocha-González
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Wright State University, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, Ohio 45435 0001, USA
J Neurophysiol 100:169-84. 2008....
- CELL VOLUME REGULATION AND MAINTENANCE IN NEURONSFRANCISCO ALVAREZ LEEFMANS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Changes in water volume and intracellular ion activities will be measured in single cells using fluorescent probes with newly developed optical methods. Transmembrane current will be studied with voltage clamp techniques. ..
- Cell Volume Regulation in Neurons and GliaFRANCISCO ALVAREZ LEEFMANS; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..