- Arias-Stella reaction of the cervix: The enduring diagnostic challenge
Department of Pathology, Women and Infants Hospital and The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI, U S A
Am J Case Rep 13:271-5. 2012
..When presenting in extra-uterine sites, the differentiation of Arias-Stella changes from other more ominous clear cell lesions may pose significant difficulties...
- Vascular plexiform leiomyoma mimicking uterine tumor resembling ovarian sex cord tumor
Rochelle A Simon
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, 02905 2499, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 14:355-7. 2010
..Here we describe a case of a highly vascular leiomyoma with a prominent plexiform pattern and cords and tubules of epithelioid cells that mimics a uterine tumor resembling an ovarian sex cord tumor...
- Tubal metaplasia of the endometrium with cytologic atypia: analysis of p53, Ki-67, TERT, and long-term follow-up
Rochelle A Simon
Department of Pathology, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Mod Pathol 24:1254-61. 2011
..The presence of atypical tubal metaplasia in endometrial samplings does not increase the risk of developing endometrial hyperplasia or malignancy...
- Unilateral pelvic mass presenting in postmenopausal patients: report of two unusual cases
Department of Pathology, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Women and Infants Hospital, Providence, RI 02905 2499, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 16:298-301. 2012
..The second patient also had a superficially invasive endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the endometrium arising in a background of complex atypical hyperplasia. Intraoperative evaluation was requested in both cases...
- Localized amyloidosis of the vulva with and without vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia: report of a series
M Ruhul Quddus
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Women and Infants Hospital, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02905 Electronic address
Hum Pathol 45:2037-42. 2014
..It appears to be associated with both high-grade and low-grade vulvar intraepithelial neoplasias and, rarely, lichen sclerosus, seborrheic keratosis, and benign vulvar skin. ..
- Unusual nonrefractile eosinophilic crystal in breast ducts in a patient with invasive mucinous carcinoma
M Ruhul Quddus
Department of Pathology, Women and Infants Hospital, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
Breast J 20:84-6. 2014
..In dilated benign ducts, adjacent to the carcinoma, numerous eosinophilic, nonrefractile crystals were identified...
- Liesegang-like rings in lactational changes in the breast
Mohd T Islam
Department of Pathology, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Women and Infants Hospital, 101 Dudley Street Providence, RI 02905, USA
Case Report Pathol 2012:268903. 2012
..The current paper documents that LRs may be seen in noncystic and noninflammatory changes of the breast...
- "Surface epithelial changes" in uterine endometrioid carcinoma mimicking micropapillary serous borderline tumor of ovary: report of two cases and review of the literature
Department of Pathology, Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, APC 12, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Diagn Pathol 6:13. 2011
..Serous borderline tumor of ovary like surface epithelial changes could be misleading if present in an endometrial biopsy or curettings. Therefore, knowledge of this morphologic variation is important...