Monica R McClain
Affiliation: Women and Infants Hospital
- A rapid-ACCE review of CYP2C9 and VKORC1 alleles testing to inform warfarin dosing in adults at elevated risk for thrombotic events to avoid serious bleedingMonica R McClain
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Women and Infants Hospital, Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Genet Med 10:89-98. 2008..Summarize evidence regarding genetic testing in adults to inform warfarin dosing to reduce adverse drug events such as serious bleeding...
- Screen positive rates among six family history screening protocols for breast/ovarian cancer in four cohorts of womenMonica R McClain
Department of Pathology, Women and Infants Hospital Brown University, 70 Elm Street, 2nd Floor, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Fam Cancer 7:341-5. 2008..9% to 4.0%. Used alone, none of the recommended family history protocols yields an acceptable screen positive rate. A more acceptable 2% to 4% screen positive rate can be expected when all six protocols agree...
- Variability in thyroid-stimulating hormone suppression by human chorionic [corrected] gonadotropin during early pregnancyJames E Haddow
The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3341-7. 2008..The objective of the study was to further explore relationships between human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), TSH, and free T4 in pregnant women at 11 through 18 wk gestation...
- Thyroperoxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies in early pregnancy and preterm deliveryJames E Haddow
Women and Infants Hospital and Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:58-62. 2010..To further evaluate the relationship between thyroid antibodies and preterm births...
- Thyroperoxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies in early pregnancy and placental abruptionJames E Haddow
Division of Medical Screening and Special Testing, Women and Infants Hospital, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
Obstet Gynecol 117:287-92. 2011..To estimate the relationship between thyroid antibodies and placental abruption...
- Sequential first- and second-trimester TSH, free thyroxine, and thyroid antibody measurements in women with known hypothyroidism: a FaSTER trial studyMonica R McClain
Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:129.e1-6. 2008..The purpose of this study was to examine how closely hypothyroidism management in the general pregnancy population satisfies recently issued guidelines and to determine whether improvements are indicated...
- Urine iodine measurements, creatinine adjustment, and thyroid deficiency in an adult United States populationJames E Haddow
Division of Medical Screening, Women and Infants Hospital, 70 Elm Street, 2nd Floor, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1019-22. 2007..S. adults with the aim of determining whether low urine iodine is associated with thyroid deficiency...
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone in singleton and twin pregnancy: importance of gestational age-specific reference rangesJames E Haddow
Obstet Gynecol 107:205-6; author reply 206. 2006
- Mutation detection in the ABCC6 gene and genotype-phenotype analysis in a large international case series affected by pseudoxanthoma elasticumEllen G Pfendner
GeneDx Inc, 207 Perry Parkway, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877, USA
J Med Genet 44:621-8. 2007..It is caused by mutations in the ABCC6 (ATP binding cassette family C member 6) gene, which encodes MRP6 (multidrug resistance-associated protein 6)...
- How reliable are BRCA1/2 mutation estimates?Monica R McClain
Cancer Res 67:5057; author reply 5057-8. 2007
- Screen-positive rates and agreement among six family history screening protocols for breast/ovarian cancer in a population-based cohort of 21- to 55-year-old womenGlenn E Palomaki
Foundation for Blood Research, Scarborough, ME, USA
Genet Med 8:161-8. 2006..Professional and governmental groups recommend using family history protocols as an initial step in identifying women and families for mutation testing. We assess screen-positive rates and levels of agreement between these protocols...
- Screening for thyroid disorders during pregnancy: results of a survey in MaineJames E Haddow
Foundation for Blood Research, Scarborough, ME, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:471-4. 2006..Our survey sought to determine the: 1) extent of screening in Maine; 2) factors associated with screening; and 3) laboratory cut-off levels used...
- Is first trimester measurement of sex hormone binding globulin a possible screening test for gestational diabetes mellitusMonica R McClain
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1808-9;author reply 1809. 2004
- Trends in the diabetes quality improvement project measures in Maine from 1994 to 1999Monica R McClain
Maine Medical Assessment Foundation, Manchester, Maine, USA
Diabetes Care 26:597-601. 2003..To examine changes in the management of patients with diabetes from 1994 to 1999 using the claims-based Diabetes Quality Improvement Project (DQIP) accountability measures...