- Relationship of psychiatric status to Gulf War veterans' health problemsJ Wolfe
Boston VA Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02130, USA
Psychosom Med 61:532-40. 1999....
- Course and predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder among Gulf War veterans: a prospective analysisJ Wolfe
Women s Health Sciences Division, Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 67:520-8. 1999..These findings indicate that, although low initially, rates of PTSD increased substantially over time...
- Coping with Gulf War combat stress: mediating and moderating effectsE J Sharkansky
Women s Health Sciences Division, VA Boston Healthcare System, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 109:188-97. 2000..Coping predicted changes in symptoms of depression but not PTSD. Combat exposure affected changes in depression through postwar stress but had a direct negative effect on PTSD...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and retrospectively reported stressor exposure: a longitudinal prediction modelD W King
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder PTSD, Veterans Affairs VA Boston Healthcare System, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 109:624-33. 2000....
- Neuropsychological function in Gulf War veterans: relationships to self-reported toxicant exposuresR F White
Boston Environmental Hazards Center, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02130, USA
Am J Ind Med 40:42-54. 2001....
- Chemical sensitivity and chronic fatigue in Gulf War veterans: a brief reportS P Proctor
Boston Environmental Hazards Center 116B 4, 150 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130 4893, USA
J Occup Environ Med 43:259-64. 2001..The characteristic differences between the groups and the overlap with chronic multi-symptom illness are also discussed...
- Trauma-related psychophysiological reactivity in women exposed to war-zone stressJ Wolfe
Boston University School of Medicine, USA
J Clin Psychol 56:1371-9. 2000..Study results replicate earlier findings with men and extend knowledge of autonomic reactivity to an important group of female survivors...
- Health-related quality of life in Persian Gulf War VeteransS P Proctor
Boston Environmental Hazards Center, National Center for PTSD, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA, USA
Mil Med 166:510-9. 2001..S. population norms. Within the group of GW-deployed veterans, several current medical and psychological conditions predictive of lower physical functioning levels were identified...
- Effects of mammographic density and benign breast disease on breast cancer risk (United States)C Byrne
Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Causes Control 12:103-10. 2001..However, women with both proliferative benign breast disease and > or = 75% density were not at as high a risk of breast cancer due to the combination of effects (p = 0.002) as women with only one of these factors...
- Development of a brief questionnaire for screening for multiple chemical sensitivity syndromeH Hu
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Toxicol Ind Health 15:582-8. 1999..These questions may have utility in screening for individuals with MCS in general population survey studies...
- Measures of prefrontal system dysfunction in posttraumatic stress disorderK C Koenen
Psychiatric Epidemiology, Columbia School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Brain Cogn 45:64-78. 2001..Results are discussed in the context of the neuropsychological features of PTSD, as well as possible neuropathological and etiological underpinnings of this disorder...
- Stability of attitudes regarding physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia among oncology patients, physicians, and the general publicJ Wolfe
Center for Outcomes and Policy Research, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:1274. 1999..Stability of these attitudes has not been studied, and this is important in informing the dialog on PAS in this country. We evaluated the stability of attitudes regarding euthanasia and PAS among three cohorts...