Affiliation: Winthrop University Hospital
- Metronidazole single versus multiple daily dosing in serious intraabdominal/pelvic and diabetic foot infectionsS Wang
Department of Pharmacy, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, NY 11501, USA
J Chemother 19:410-6. 2007..e., 1 g (i.v.) q24h for the treatment of serious systemic infections where B. fragilis is an important co-pathogen (intraabdominal/pelvic and deep diabetic foot infections) has pharmacokinetic and pharmaco-economic advantages...
- Conditional gene expression in human intracranial xenograft tumorsS Wang
University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Biotechniques 31:196-202. 2001..From these studies, we conclude that the expression of a target gene in a human xenograft growing in the brain of a living mouse can be conditionally regulated...
- Infections caused by Flavimonas oryzihabitansK Qian
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Second People's Hospital of Changzhou, Changzhou 213003, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:394-8. 2001..oryzihabitans was very few clinically, and relative to underlying diseases and the presence of foreign material. Immune function abnormality was among mostly factor for the F. oryzihabitans infections...
- Assessment of the afferent vagal nerve in patients with gastroesophageal refluxD Hong
Department of Surgery, St Joseph s Hospital, 50 Charlton Avenue East, Hamilton, Ontario L8N 4A6, Canada
Surg Endosc 16:1042-5. 2002..The objective of this study was to assess the integrity of the vagal nerve afferent pathways in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)...
- New approaches for anti-infective drug discovery: antibiotics, vaccines and beyondQ Cheng
Biological and Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Central Research and Development, E I DuPont de Nemours Inc, Wilmington, Delaware 19880 0328, USA
Curr Drug Targets Infect Disord 3:66-75. 2003..Newly emerging concepts in controlling bacterial infections such as the use of probiotics and enzybiotics will also be briefly described...
- Inhibition of telomerase enhances apoptosis induced by sodium butyrate via mitochondrial pathwayL Xi
Cancer Biology Research Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical School, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, PR China
Apoptosis 11:789-98. 2006..Inhibition of telomerase might serve as a promising adjunctive therapy combined with conventional therapy in cervical cancer...
- Mapping quantitative trait loci affecting body weight and abdominal fat weight on chicken chromosome oneX Liu
College of Animal Science and Technology, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin 150030, China
Poult Sci 86:1084-9. 2007..The present study identified chromosome regions harboring significant QTL affecting BW and abdominal fat traits. The results provide a useful reference for further candidate gene research and MAS for BW and abdominal fat traits...
- Prevalence of diabetes mellitus in ChinaL Xu
Beijing Institute of Ophthalmology, Beijing Tongren Hospital, Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:69-70. 2008..To investigate the prevalence of diabetes mellitus in China...
- Tolerability and pharmacokinetics of antofloxacin hydrochloride after multiple oral dose administration in healthy Chinese male volunteersY Xiao
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, First Hospital, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 46:172-9. 2008..To evaluate the tolerability and pharmacokinetics characteristics of antofloxacin hydrochloride, a fluoroquinolone developed in China, after multiple oral doses in healthy male Chinese volunteers...