A M Jacobson
Affiliation: Winthrop University Hospital
- The long-term effects of type 1 diabetes treatment and complications on health-related quality of life: a 23-year follow-up of the Diabetes Control and Complications/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications cohortAlan M Jacobson
Corresponding author Alan M Jacobson
Diabetes Care 36:3131-8. 2013..To examine the long-term effects of type 1 diabetes treatment, metabolic control, and complications on health-related quality of life (HRQOL)...
- Biomedical risk factors for decreased cognitive functioning in type 1 diabetes: an 18 year follow-up of the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT) cohortA M Jacobson
Winthrop University Hospital, Suite 300, 222 Station Plaza North, Mineola, NY 11501, USA
Diabetologia 54:245-55. 2011....
- The associations of apolipoprotein E and angiotensin-converting enzyme polymorphisms and cognitive function in Type 1 diabetes based on an 18-year follow-up of the DCCT cohortA M Jacobson
Joslin Diabetes Center Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Diabet Med 27:15-22. 2010....
- Psychological adjustment to IDDM: 10-year follow-up of an onset cohort of child and adolescent patientsA M Jacobson
Department of Psychiatry, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes Care 20:811-8. 1997..To evaluate the psychological adjustment of young adults with IDDM in comparison with similarly aged individuals without chronic illness...
- Psychosocial and quality of life correlates of glycemic control during intensive treatment of type 1 diabetesK Weinger
Section on Behavioral and Mental Health Research, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Patient Educ Couns 42:123-31. 2001..Interventions designed to help patients overcome attitudinal barriers should be incorporated into medical programs geared toward improving glycemia...
- The effects of psychiatric disorders and symptoms on quality of life in patients with type I and type II diabetes mellitusA M Jacobson
Psychiatry Service, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, MA, USA
Qual Life Res 6:11-20. 1997..Thus, psychiatric interventions addressing common conditions, such as depression, could improve the HRQOL of patients without changing medical status...
- The Problem Areas in Diabetes Scale. An evaluation of its clinical utilityG W Welch
Mental Health Unit, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Diabetes Care 20:760-6. 1997..To evaluate the reliability and concurrent and discriminant validity of the Problem Areas in Diabetes (PAID) scale, a new measure of emotional functioning in diabetes...
- The effects of type 1 diabetes on cerebral white matterK Weinger
Behavioral and Mental Health Research Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place Suite 350, Boston, MA 02459, USA
Diabetologia 51:417-25. 2008..Our aim was to investigate the relationship between type 1 diabetes and white matter hyperintensities...
- What attracts patients with diabetes to an internet support group? A 21-month longitudinal website studyJ F Zrebiec
Behavioural and Mental Health Unit, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Diabet Med 18:154-8. 2001..To establish and evaluate a web-based educational and emotional resource for patients with diabetes and their family members...
- Living with hypoglycemiaM D Ritholz
Behavioral and Mental Health Research Section, Joslin Diabetes Center, The Children's Hospital, and the Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass 02215, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:799-804. 1998..Patient education and professional support in the treatment of hypoglycemia are recommended to enhance treatment decision making for patients with type 1 diabetes...