Christina D Williams
- Antioxidants and prevention of gastrointestinal cancersChristina D Williams
Medical Service, Division of Hematology Oncology, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 29:195-200. 2013..This review highlights the recent studies investigating the associations between dietary antioxidants and cancers of the gastrointestinal tract...
- Influence of comorbidity on racial differences in receipt of surgery among US veterans with early-stage non-small-cell lung cancerChristina D Williams
Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:475-81. 2013..To assess whether comorbidity contributes to the observed racial differences, we evaluated racial differences in the prevalence of comorbidity and their impact on receipt of surgery...
- Dietary calcium and risk for prostate cancer: a case-control study among US veteransChristina D Williams
Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 508 Fulton St, HSRD 152, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E39. 2012..The objective of this study was to examine the association between calcium intake and prostate cancer risk. We hypothesized that calcium intake would be positively associated with lower risk for prostate cancer...
- A high ratio of dietary n-6/n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids is associated with increased risk of prostate cancerChristina D Williams
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Nutr Res 31:1-8. 2011..In conclusion, our findings suggest that a high dietary ratio of n-6/n-3 fatty acids may increase the risk of overall prostate cancer among white men and possibly increase the risk of high-grade prostate cancer among all men...
- Evolution of the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative supportive care quality measures portfolio and conformance at a Veterans Affairs medical centerRyan D Nipp
Center for Learning Health Care, Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, NC, USA
J Oncol Pract 9:e86-9. 2013..We investigated the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) quality measures portfolio. Additionally, we explored the effect of quality measure type on conformance...
- Use and impact of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with resected non-small cell lung cancerChristina D Williams
Division of Hematology Oncology, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
Cancer 120:1939-47. 2014..The current study evaluated patterns of AC use and examined the impact of AC on survival...
- Genes and Environmental Exposures in Veterans with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: the GENEVA study. Rationale, study design and demographic characteristicsSilke Schmidt
Center for Human Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Neuroepidemiology 30:191-204. 2008....