Gerald J Wilmink
Affiliation: Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Identification of microRNAs associated with hyperthermia-induced cellular stress responseGerald J Wilmink
National Academy of Sciences, NRC Research Associate Program, 500 Fifth Street, N W, Washington, DC, 20001, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 15:1027-38. 2010..Future studies will be conducted to determine if other cells lines differentially express these miRNAs when exposed to hyperthermia...
- In vitro investigation of the biological effects associated with human dermal fibroblasts exposed to 2.52 THz radiationGerald J Wilmink
711th Human Performance Wing, Radio Frequency Radiation Branch, Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, Texas, USA
Lasers Surg Med 43:152-63. 2011..However, the biological effects associated with this type of radiation are not well characterized. In this study, we evaluated the cellular and molecular response of human dermal fibroblasts exposed to THz radiation...
- Development of a compact terahertz time-domain spectrometer for the measurement of the optical properties of biological tissuesGerald J Wilmink
Air Force Research Laboratory, 711 Human Performance Wing, Human Effectiveness Directorate, Radio Frequency Radiation Branch, 8262 Hawks Road, Brooks City Base, Texas 78235, USA
J Biomed Opt 16:047006. 2011..These results suggest that our compact THz spectrometer performed comparable to its larger counterparts, and therefore may be a useful and practical tool for skin health assessment...
- Dose-dependent thresholds of 10-ns electric pulse induced plasma membrane disruption and cytotoxicity in multiple cell linesBennett L Ibey
711th Human Performance Wing, Radio Frequency Radiation Branch, Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, San Antonio, Texas, USA
PLoS ONE 6:e15642. 2011..Additionally, a mixture of Jurkat and HeLa cells was exposed to 10-ns EP at a dose of 280 J/g. Death was observed only in Jurkat cells suggesting that 10-ns EP may selectively kill cells within a heterogeneous tissue...
- Selective cytotoxicity of intense nanosecond-duration electric pulses in mammalian cellsBennett L Ibey
Radio Frequency Radiation Branch, 711th Human Performance Wing, Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, San Antonio, TX, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1800:1210-9. 2010..We explored the cytotoxic effect of 10-ns EP (quantitation, mechanisms, efficiency, and specificity) in comparison with 300-ns, 1.8- and 9-μs EP...
- Plasma membrane permeabilization by trains of ultrashort electric pulsesBennett L Ibey
Radio Frequency Radiation Branch, 711th Human Performance Wing, Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, San Antonio, TX, United States
Bioelectrochemistry 79:114-21. 2010....