Thomas B Walker
Affiliation: Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Failure of Rhodiola rosea to alter skeletal muscle phosphate kinetics in trained menThomas B Walker
Biosciences and Protection Division, Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, TX 78235, USA
Metabolism 56:1111-7. 2007..In summary, there were no significant differences between groups for any of theparameters measured. Based on these results, we conclude that R rosea ingestion does not improve ATP turnover during or immediately after exercise...
- Is performance of intermittent intense exercise enhanced by use of a commercial palm cooling device?Thomas B Walker
Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, Texas, USA
J Strength Cond Res 23:2666-72. 2009..05) in Tc, heart rate (HR), or VO2 between intervals or treatments. We conclude that the RTX, in its current iteration, is ineffective at improving performance and/or mitigating thermal stress during high-intensity intermittent exercise...
- Acceleration tolerance after ingestion of a commercial energy drinkThomas B Walker
711th Human Performance Wing, Brooks City Base, TX, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 81:1100-6. 2010..Caffeine ingestion has been demonstrated to increase physical performance in some situations. This study examined the ability of a commercial energy drink containing caffeine to enhance acceleration tolerance and strength under G load...
- Physiological and psychological characteristics of successful combat controller traineesThomas B Walker
Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks City Base, TX, USA
J Spec Oper Med 11:39-47. 2011..The primary objective of this study was to identify the physiological, psychological, or demographical characteristics associated with successful progression through the CCT pipeline program...
- The influence of 8 weeks of whey-protein and leucine supplementation on physical and cognitive performanceThomas B Walker
Air Force Research Laboratory, Brooks Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 20:409-17. 2010..The authors conclude that supplementing with whey protein and leucine may provide an advantage to people whose performance benefits from increased upper body strength and/or lean body mass...
- Does Rhodiola rosea possess ergogenic properties?Thomas B Walker
Exercise Physiology Laboratory, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 16:305-15. 2006....