Benjamin D Smith
Affiliation: Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation consensus statement from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)Benjamin D Smith
Radiation Oncology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:987-1001. 2009..To present guidance for patients and physicians regarding the use of accelerated partial-breast irradiation (APBI), based on current published evidence complemented by expert opinion...
- Future of cancer incidence in the United States: burdens upon an aging, changing nationBenjamin D Smith
Radiation Oncology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, 2200 Bergquist Dr, Ste 1, TX 78236, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2758-65. 2009..We sought to estimate the number of cancer patients diagnosed in the United States through 2030 by age and race...
- Baseline utilization of breast radiotherapy before institution of the Medicare practice quality reporting initiativeBenjamin D Smith
Radiation Oncology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1506-12. 2009..As a first step in evaluating the potential impact of this measure, we assessed baseline use of radiotherapy among women diagnosed with invasive breast cancer before implementation of PQRI...
- Controversies over the role of radiation therapy for ductal carcinoma in situBenjamin D Smith
Department of Radiation Oncology, 2200 Bergquist Dr, Ste 1, Lackland AFB, TX 78236, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 8:433-41. 2008..At present, results of these trials are conflicting, and, therefore, radiation therapy is generally recommended following conservative surgery, even for patients with favorable pathologic characteristics...
- Use of postmastectomy radiotherapy in older womenBenjamin D Smith
Radiation Oncology Flight, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, TX, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71:98-106. 2008..Using the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results-Medicare cohort, we sought to characterize the adoption of PMRT from 1992 to 2002 and identify risk factors for PMRT omission among high-risk older patients...