Robert J O'Connell
Affiliation: Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Performance of the OraQuick rapid antibody test for diagnosis of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection in patients with various levels of exposure to highly active antiretroviral therapyRobert J O'Connell
Department of Infectious Diseases, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas 78236, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:2153-5. 2003..Four false-negative subjects, who were characterized by early initiation of effective antiretroviral therapy, demonstrated waning serum anti-gp41 titers and Western blot band intensities...
- Sensitivity of the Multispot HIV-1/HIV-2 rapid test using samples from human immunodeficiency virus type 1-positive individuals with various levels of exposure to highly active antiretroviral therapyRobert J O'Connell
Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX 78236, USA
J Clin Microbiol 44:1831-3. 2006..Multispot sensitivity was 100% using 248 sera from one such population, and it correctly identified serostatus in individuals who previously tested false negative with rapid testing...
- Usefulness of a rapid human immunodeficiency virus-1 antibody test for the management of occupational exposure to blood and body fluidMichael L Landrum
Department of Infectious Diseases, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas 78236, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 26:768-74. 2005....
- Prevalence of resistance mutations in HIV-1-Infected Hondurans at the beginning of the National Antiretroviral Therapy ProgramBradley Lloyd
Department of Infectious Disease, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas 78236, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 24:529-35. 2008..Further studies to assess the impact of the Honduran antiretroviral program on genotypic resistance are warranted...
- CCL3L1 and CCR5 influence cell-mediated immunity and affect HIV-AIDS pathogenesis via viral entry-independent mechanismsMatthew J Dolan
Infectious Disease Clinical Research Program, Wilford Hall United States Air Force Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas 78236, USA
Nat Immunol 8:1324-36. 2007..These results identify CCL3L1 and CCR5 as major determinants of CMI and demonstrate that these host factors influence HIV pathogenesis through their effects on both CMI and other viral entry-independent mechanisms...