Luke T Daum
Affiliation: Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Genetic and antigenic analysis of the first A/New Caledonia/20/99-like H1N1 influenza isolates reported in the AmericasLuke T Daum
Brooks Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX 78235, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 8:408-12. 2002..For the 2000/01 and 2001/02 influenza seasons, the World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended the inclusion of A/New Caledonia/20/99 as the H1N1 vaccine component for both the southern and northern hemispheres...
- Influenza A (H3N2) outbreak, NepalLuke T Daum
Air Force Institute for Operational Health, Brooks City Base, San Antonio, Texas 78235, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 11:1186-91. 2005..Thus, the 2005-2006 Northern Hemisphere vaccine strain was changed to A/California/7/2004, a virus with all 4 amino acid substitutions observed in these Nepalese isolates...
- Real-time PCR detection of salmonella in suspect foods from a gastroenteritis outbreak in kerr county, TexasLuke T Daum
Brooks Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas 78235 5237, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:3050-2. 2002..These PCR findings were consistent with culture results and were confirmed by direct nucleotide sequencing. Salmonella enterica serotype Panama was cultured from both food and patient stool samples...
- A rapid, single-step multiplex reverse transcription-PCR assay for the detection of human H1N1, H3N2, and B influenza virusesLuke T Daum
Molecular Epidemiology Branch, 2601 West Gate Road, Brooks AFB, San Antonio, TX 78235 5241, USA
J Clin Virol 25:345-50. 2002..Influenza is a viral respiratory pathogen responsible for frequent seasonal epidemics. There are currently three major human influenza viruses in global circulation, H1N1, H3N2 and B...
- Molecular analysis of isolates from influenza B outbreaks in the U.S. and Nepal, 2005L T Daum
Air Force Institute for Operational Health, Brooks City Base, TX 78235, USA
Arch Virol 151:1863-74. 2006....
- Comparison of TaqMan and Epoch Dark Quenchers during real-time reverse transcription PCRLuke T Daum
Brooks City Base San Antonio, TX, USA
Mol Cell Probes 18:207-9. 2004..Marginal differences observed between quenching fluorochromes may arise from concentration differences during probe synthesis...
- Real-time RT-PCR assays for type and subtype detection of influenza A and B virusesLuke T Daum
Department of Biology, The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
Influenza Other Respi Viruses 1:167-75. 2007..These potentially field-deployable assays could offer significant utility for rapid, point of care screening needs arising from a pandemic influenza outbreak...
- Next-generation ion torrent sequencing of drug resistance mutations in Mycobacterium tuberculosis strainsLuke T Daum
Longhorn Vaccines and Diagnostics, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Clin Microbiol 50:3831-7. 2012....
- Amplification of Herpes simplex type 1 and Human Herpes type 5 viral DNA from formalin-fixed Alzheimer brain tissueJohn D Rodriguez
Department of Biology, The University of Texas at San Antonio, 6900 North Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX 78249, USA
Neurosci Lett 390:37-41. 2005..Thus, this report should be useful in PCR-based investigations assessing the regional presence of viral DNAs in formalin-fixed brain tissue...
- Broad-spectrum respiratory tract pathogen identification using resequencing DNA microarraysBaochuan Lin
Center for Bio Molecular Science and Engineering, Code 6900, Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, District of Columbia 20375, USA
Genome Res 16:527-35. 2006..Our results underscore the feasibility of using this approach to expedite the early surveillance of diseases, and provide new information on the incidence of multiple pathogens...
- Identifying influenza viruses with resequencing microarraysZheng Wang
Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, DC, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:638-46. 2006..The results demonstrate a novel, timely, and unbiased method for the molecular epidemiologic surveillance of influenza viruses...
- Development of a real-time reverse transcriptase PCR assay for type A influenza virus and the avian H5 and H7 hemagglutinin subtypesErica Spackman
Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Athens, Georgia 30605, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:3256-60. 2002..The remaining samples were positive with only one detection method. Overall the sensitivity and specificity of the H7- and H5-specific RRT-PCR were similar to those of VI and HI...
- Effectiveness of the 2003-2004 influenza vaccine among U.S. military basic trainees: a year of suboptimal match between vaccine and circulating strainKevin L Russell
Naval Health Research Center, Department of Defense, Centre for Deployment Health Research, P O Box 85122, San Diego, CA 92186 5122, USA
Vaccine 23:1981-5. 2005..VE in this population was estimated to be 94.4% for laboratory-confirmed influenza. In contrast, VE was only 13.9% for influenza-like illness (ILI) without a laboratory confirmation...
- Molecular analysis of adenovirus isolates from vaccinated and unvaccinated young adultsDaniel A Blasiole
Department of Defense Center for Deployment Health Research, Naval Health Research Center, San Diego, California 92186 5122, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:1686-93. 2004....