- Dispatcher-assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation: risks for patients not in cardiac arrestLindsay White
Emergency Medical Services Division, Public Health Seattle King County, 401 Fifth Ave, Suite 1200, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Circulation 121:91-7. 2010..We determined the frequency of dispatcher-assisted CPR for patients not in arrest and the frequency and severity of injury related to chest compressions...
- A population-based investigation of public access defibrillation: role of emergency medical services careThomas D Rea
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Resuscitation 81:163-7. 2010..We sought to determine the frequency, circumstances, and time trends of PAD AED and determine implications of PAD use for EMS providers...
- Ventricular fibrillation in King County, Washington: a 30-year perspectiveLinda Becker
Public Health Seattle and King County, Emergency Medical Services Division, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Resuscitation 79:22-7. 2008..We determined the effect of four major program changes over a 30-year period on survival from witnessed cardiac arrest (CA) with ventricular fibrillation (VF) as the rhythm causing collapse...
- Prophylactic lidocaine for post resuscitation care of patients with out-of-hospital ventricular fibrillation cardiac arrestPeter J Kudenchuk
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, United States Public Health Seattle and King County, Emergency Medical Services Division, United States Electronic address
Resuscitation 84:1512-8. 2013..Whether administering such drugs prophylactically for post-resuscitation care after ROSC prevents re-arrest and improves outcome is unstudied...
- Long-term prognosis following resuscitation from out of hospital cardiac arrest: role of percutaneous coronary intervention and therapeutic hypothermiaFlorence Dumas
Emergency Medical Services Division of Public Health for Seattle and King County, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:21-7. 2012..The aim of the study was to assess the influence of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) and therapeutic hypothermia (TH) on long-term prognosis...
- Cardiac arrest in schoolsKatayoun Lotfi
Emergency Medical Services Division, Public Health Seattle and King County, 401 Fifth Ave, Suite 1200, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Circulation 116:1374-9. 2007..The purpose of the present study is to improve understanding of the epidemiology of cardiac arrest in the school setting, with a special focus on the role of school-based automated external defibrillators...