Affiliation: Western Oregon University
- Redefining success: results of a qualitative study of postsecondary transition outcomes for youth with traumatic brain injuryBonnie Todis
Teaching Research Institute, 99 West 10th Ave, Suite 370, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 23:252-63. 2008..Identify factors that influence postsecondary education outcomes for students with traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Longitudinal investigation of the post-high school transition experiences of adolescents with traumatic brain injuryBonnie Todis
The Teaching Research Institute Drs Todis, Glang and Ettel, and Mr Hood and College of Education, University of Oregon Dr Bullis, Eugene, Oregon 97401, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 26:138-49. 2011..To describe outcomes for youth with traumatic brain injury (TBI) transitioning from high school to adulthood...
- Validated instructional practices: application to students with traumatic brain injuryAnn Glang
The Teaching Research Institute, Western Oregon University, 99 West 10th Ave, Suite 370, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 23:243-51. 2008..This article addresses this issue by providing an in-depth examination of instructional methodologies validated with other populations of students (with and without disability) and their potential for teaching children with TBI...
- Professional development in TBI for educators: the importance of contextAnn Glang
Teaching Research Institute, Western Oregon University, Eugene, Oregon 97401, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 25:426-32. 2010..Given the urgent needs of students with TBI, validating these promising practices should be a high priority for the field of pediatric brain injury...
- Systematic instruction for individuals with acquired brain injury: results of a randomised controlled trialLaurie Ehlhardt Powell
Center on Brain Injury Research and Training, The Teaching Research Institute, Western Oregon University, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
Neuropsychol Rehabil 22:85-112. 2012..Implications, study limitations, and directions for future research are discussed...
- Return to school following childhood TBI: who gets services?Ann Glang
Teaching Research Institute Eugene, 99 West 10th Avenue, Suite 370, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
NeuroRehabilitation 23:477-86. 2008..A critical factor contributing to the identification of students with TBI for special education is the link between hospital and school...
- Improving educational services for students with TBI through statewide consulting teamsAnn Glang
Teaching Research, Western Oregon University, 99 West 10th Avenue, Suite 370, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
NeuroRehabilitation 19:219-31. 2004..Evaluation data suggest that the Team model is a cost effective and efficient approach to supporting teachers who work with students with TBI...
- A profile of community navigation in adults with chronic cognitive impairmentsMcKay Moore Sohlberg
Communication Disorders and Sciences, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Brain Inj 19:1249-59. 2005..This study sought to identify navigation patterns and illuminate the barriers to and possible solutions for independent community travel in people with chronic cognitive impairments as a result of acquired brain injury...
- Rehabilitation and ongoing support after pediatric TBI: twenty years of progressMark Ylvisaker
School of Education, College of Saint Rose, Albany, NY, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 20:95-109. 2005..The article ends with a list of general themes that have been identified as critical in providing effective long-term services and supports to children with TBI and their families...