Michael G Miller
Affiliation: Western Michigan University
- Resistance training for adolescentsMichael G Miller
HPER Department, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 57:671-82. 2010..This article reviews the guidelines for resistance training for health-related fitness for adolescents...
- Subcutaneous tissue thickness alters the effect of NMESMichael G Miller
Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department, Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, MI, USA
J Sport Rehabil 17:68-75. 2008..No direct research has been conducted on the relationship between subcutaneous tissue thickness and neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES)...
- Barriers to the use of hydrotherapy in laborMary Ann Stark
Bronson School of Nursing, Western Michigan University, 1903 W Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 38:667-75. 2009..To determine nurses' perceived barriers to the use of hydrotherapy in labor. While effective in relieving pain, reducing anxiety, encouraging relaxation, and promoting a sense of control, hydrotherapy is rarely used during labor...
- Development and testing of nurses' perceptions of the use of hydrotherapy in labor questionnaireMary Ann Stark
Bronson School of Nursing, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 49008, USA
J Nurs Meas 18:36-48. 2010..71, df= 387, p < .01). For the revised 30-item NPUHL, Cronbach's alpha was .93, and subscale alphas ranged from .58 to .93. The 30-item NPUHL scale demonstrated evidence of good initial reliability and validity...
- Self-reported health and fitness habits of certified athletic trainersJessica J Groth
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA
J Athl Train 43:617-23. 2008..As health care providers, certified athletic trainers (ATs) should be role models for healthy behaviors...