Affiliation: Western Connecticut State University
- The Spirituality Scale: development and psychometric testing of a holistic instrument to assess the human spiritual dimensionColleen Delaney
Western Connecticut State University, Danburry, USA
J Holist Nurs 23:145-67; discussion 168-71. 2005..The SS is a holistic instrument that attempts to measure the beliefs, intuitions, lifestyle choices, practices, and rituals representative of the human spiritual dimension and is designed to guide spiritual interventions...
- Walking a fine line: graduate nurses' transition experiences during orientationColleen Delaney
Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, Connecticut, USA
J Nurs Educ 42:437-43. 2003..Despite the challenges and stress of orientation, graduates found great meaning in their work, and most expressed readiness to be on their own by the end of 12 weeks...
- RN-BSN programs: associate degree and diploma nurses' perceptions of the benefits and barriers to returning to schoolColleen Delaney
Department of Nursing, Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, Connecticut, USA
J Nurses Staff Dev 20:157-61; quiz 162-3. 2004..In addition, factors that would facilitate degree completion in academia and work environments were examined...
- Facilitating empowerment and stimulating scholarly dialogue using the World Café ModelColleen Delaney
Western Connecticut State University, USA
J Nurs Educ 45:46. 2006
- There really is a difference: nurses' experiences with transitioning from RNs to BSNsColleen Delaney
Department of Nursing, Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT, USA
J Prof Nurs 23:167-73. 2007..Findings indicate that both the quality of patient care and nurses' practice were enhanced as a result of BSN completion programs...
- Ecospirituality: the experience of environmental meditation in patients with cardiovascular diseaseColleen Delaney
School of Nursing, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 23:361-9. 2009....
- Primary Stroke Center education for nurses: improving core measuresCynthia Barrere
Department of Nursing, Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut 06518, USA
J Nurs Adm 40:515-21. 2010..The authors describe the structure, process, and outcomes of a stroke education program for nurses, recognized as Best-in-Practice in Connecticut, successfully implemented in a community hospital...