Affiliation: Western University of Health Sciences
- The biological effects of subacute inhalation of diesel exhaust following addition of cerium oxide nanoparticles in atherosclerosis-prone miceFlemming R Cassee
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, PO Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Environ Res 115:1-10. 2012..Cerium oxide (CeO(2)) nanoparticles improve the burning efficiency of fuel, however, little is known about health impacts of altered emissions from the vehicles...
- Effect of prolonged exposure to diesel engine exhaust on proinflammatory markers in different regions of the rat brainMiriam E Gerlofs-Nijland
Centre for Environmental Health, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Part Fibre Toxicol 7:12. 2010..The day after the final exposure, the brain was dissected into the following regions: cerebellum, frontal cortex, hippocampus, olfactory bulb and tubercles, and the striatum...
- The role of aluminum and copper on neuroinflammation and Alzheimer's diseaseArezoo Campbell
Western University of Health Sciences, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pomona, CA 91766, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 10:165-72. 2006..Since inflammatory events are reported to be upregulated in the AD brain, this may be one of the mechanisms by which the metals potentiate neurodegeneration...
- Aluminum and copper in drinking water enhance inflammatory or oxidative events specifically in the brainAngelica Becaria
Department of Community and Environmental Medicine, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 1825, USA
J Neuroimmunol 176:16-23. 2006..Results suggest that although Al or Cu may independently initiate inflammatory or oxidative events, they may function cooperatively to increase APP levels...
- The potential role of aluminium in Alzheimer's diseaseArezoo Campbell
Department of Community and Environmental Medicine, College of Medicine, Faculty Research Facility, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 1825, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 17:17-20. 2002..The results discussed here have broad implications for the role played by aluminium and other metals in neurodegenerative diseases, and suggest that long-term exposure to supra-physiological amounts these metals should be avoided...
- Aluminum and copper interact in the promotion of oxidative but not inflammatory events: implications for Alzheimer's diseaseAngelica Becaria
Department of Community and Environmental Medicine, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, University of California Irvine, 92697 1820, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 5:31-8. 2003..Thus the ability of aluminum to promote inflammatory processes does not depend on an increase ROS production induced by interaction with transition metals...
- The significance of environmental factors in the etiology of Alzheimer's diseaseWilliam B Grant
12 Sir Francis Wyatt Place, Newport News, VA 23606 3660, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 4:179-89. 2002..Diet, aluminum, and viral infections may increase the prevalence of AD by eliciting inflammation, which may cause the neurological damage that results in AD...
- Pro-inflammatory effects of aluminum in human glioblastoma cellsArezoo Campbell
Department of Community and Environmental Medicine, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 1820, USA
Brain Res 933:60-5. 2002..This may reflect the ability of the cells to discern different stress factors and thus orchestrate an innate immune response profile distinct to each immunogen...
- Incubation of nerve endings with a physiological concentration of Abeta1-42 activates CaV2.2(N-Type)-voltage operated calcium channels and acutely increases glutamate and noradrenaline releaseJoseph A Bobich
Department of Chemistry, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX 76129, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 6:243-55. 2004....
- Particulate matter, oxidative stress and neurotoxicitySheba M J MohanKumar
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, E Lansing, MI, USA
Neurotoxicology 29:479-88. 2008..These were recently presented at two 2007 symposia sponsored by the Society of Toxicology (Charlotte, NC) and the International Neurotoxicology Association (Monterey, CA)...
- Inflammation, neurodegenerative diseases, and environmental exposuresArezoo Campbell
Department of Community and Environmental Medicine, University of California, 92697 1825, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1035:117-32. 2004..These factors may enhance existing age-related inflammation in the central nervous system and thus accelerate neuronal toxicity...
- DEVELOPMENT OF IMMUNO-PCR NEURODIAGNOSTIC KITSArezoo Campbell; Fiscal Year: 2003....