Genomes and Genes
E J Weinman
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Molecular cloning of the cDNA and promoter sequences for the mouse sodium-hydrogen exchanger regulatory factorE J Weinman
Department of Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, 1 Medical Center Drive, Morgantown, WV, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1447:71-6. 1999....
- Structure-function of recombinant Na/H exchanger regulatory factor (NHE-RF)E J Weinman
Department of Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Clin Invest 101:2199-206. 1998..One or more of the serine residues at positions 287, 289, and/or 290 represent the critical PKA phosphorylation site(s) on the NHE-RF protein that mediates the physiologic effect of cAMP on the renal BBM Na/H exchanger...
- Regulation of the Na/H exchanger regulatory factor in OK cellsE J Weinman
Department of Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Miner Electrolyte Metab 25:135-42. 1999..The results indicate that serum is associated with a decrease in NHE-RF mRNA and protein, while chronic exposure to cAMP is associated with an altered distribution of NHE-RF between the cytosolic and membrane fractions of OK cells...
- cAMP-induced phosphorylation and inhibition of Na(+)/H(+) exchanger 3 (NHE3) are dependent on the presence but not the phosphorylation of NHE regulatory factorM Zizak
Department of Medicine, Gl Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 274:24753-8. 1999..This study shows that members of the regulatory factor gene family, NHE-RF and E3KARP, are necessary for cAMP inhibition of NHE3 by allowing NHE3 to be phosphorylated. This inhibition is not dependent on the phosphorylation of NHE-RF...
- Ezrin binding domain-deficient NHERF attenuates cAMP-mediated inhibition of Na(+)/H(+) exchange in OK cellsE J Weinman
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F374-80. 2001....
- cAMP-mediated inhibition of the epithelial brush border Na+/H+ exchanger, NHE3, requires an associated regulatory proteinC H Yun
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3010-5. 1997..Transfection in PS120/NHE3 fibroblasts with either NHERF or E3KARP reconstituted cAMP-induced inhibition of NHE3, resulting in 25-30% inhibition in these cells...
- Essential role for NHERF in cAMP-mediated inhibition of the Na+-HCO3- co-transporter in BSC-1 cellsE J Weinman
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine and the Medical Service, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 276:42339-46. 2001....
- Characterization of a protein cofactor that mediates protein kinase A regulation of the renal brush border membrane Na(+)-H+ exchangerE J Weinman
Department of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine, USA
J Clin Invest 95:2143-9. 1995..Reverse transcription/PCR studies in the kidney indicate the presence of mRNA for NHE-RF in several distinct nephron segments including the proximal tubule...
- The beta2-adrenergic receptor interacts with the Na+/H+-exchanger regulatory factor to control Na+/H+ exchangeR A Hall
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nature 392:626-30. 1998..Our findings indicate that agonist-dependent beta2-adrenergic receptor binding of NHERF plays a role in beta2-adrenergic receptor-mediated regulation of Na+/H+ exchange...
- Basolateral Na(+)/HCO(3)(-) cotransport activity is regulated by the dissociable Na(+)/H(+) exchanger regulatory factorA A Bernardo
Section of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612 7315, USA
J Clin Invest 104:195-201. 1999....
- Acute regulation of NHE3 by protein kinase A requires a multiprotein signal complexE J Weinman
Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Kidney Int 60:450-4. 2001..NHERF and related PDZ-containing proteins may serve as adapters for regulation of renal transporters...
- Na+-H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) is present in lipid rafts in the rabbit ileal brush border: a role for rafts in trafficking and rapid stimulation of NHE3X Li
Department of Medicine, GI Division, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205-2195, USA
J Physiol 537:537-52. 2001....
- Targeted disruption of the mouse NHERF-1 gene promotes internalization of proximal tubule sodium-phosphate cotransporter type IIa and renal phosphate wastingS Shenolikar
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:11470-5. 2002..Phosphate wasting seen in the NHERF-1(-/-) null mice provided a new experimental system for defining the role of PDZ adapters in the hormonal control of ion transport and renal disease...
- Expanding the role of NHERF, a PDZ-domain containing protein adapter, to growth regulationJ W Voltz
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, NC 27710 USA
Oncogene 20:6309-14. 2001....