Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Encouraging smoking cessation during pregnancy in West Virginia: using Fax-to-Quit as a cessation strategyCindy Tworek
Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy, WVU School of Pharmacy, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
W V Med J 109:16-21. 2013..Successful referrals and enrollment demonstrate Fax-to-Quit may support cessation by increasing Quitline use and connecting pregnant women who smoke with quitting services through provider-faxed referrals to the West Virginia Quitline...
- A profile of teen smokers who volunteered to participate in school-based smoking interventionKimberly Horn
Translational Tobacco Reduction Research Program, Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center and Prevention Research Center, West Virginia University, PO Box 8110, Morgantown, WV 26506 8110, USA
Tob Induc Dis 4:6. 2008..N-O-T is the most widely used teen smoking cessation program in the nation...
- Maine's Tobacco Medication Program: compliance, patterns of use, and satisfaction among smokersCindy Tworek
Center for Tobacco Independence, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 11:904-7. 2009..This study assessed compliance, NRT use patterns, and satisfaction among smokers calling the HelpLine and using free NRT...
- State-level tobacco control policies and youth smoking cessation measuresCindy Tworek
Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy, West Virginia University School of Pharmacy, Translational Tobacco Reduction Research Program, Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Health Policy 97:136-44. 2010..This study explored the association between state-level tobacco control policies and youth smoking cessation behaviors from 1991 to 2006...
- Smoking and breast cancer screening in West Virginia: opportunities for interventionCindy Tworek
Department of Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Charleston, WV, USA
W V Med J 105:48-53. 2009..These women can be identified and targeted as an important high risk population with unmet need for smoking cessation and breast cancer screening interventions...
- Potential effects of active parental consent: Enrolling teen smokers into a school-based cessation programKimberly A Horn
Department of Community Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University, 1 Medical Center Drive, P O Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26506 9190, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 11:1359-67. 2009..However, informed consent procedures requiring active parental consent may restrict or influence teen participation in critical teen cessation programs...
- Hookah use among U.S. college students: results from the National College Health Assessment IITraci Jarrett
Translational Tobacco Reduction Research Program, WV Prevention Research Center and Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center, Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, 1 Medical Center Drive, PO Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:1145-53. 2012..Hookah use is a growing tobacco trend among young adults; yet little is known about how young adult college student hookah smokers differ from nonsmokers or cigarette smokers...