Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Infrequent occurrence of amphotericin B lipid complex-associated nephrotoxicity in various clinical settings at a university hospital: a retrospective studyDouglas Slain
School of Pharmacy, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown 26506 9520, USA
Clin Ther 24:1636-42. 2002..3%). However, enrollment in that study was limited to only febrile neutropenic patients...
- Effect of high-dose vitamin C on the steady-state pharmacokinetics of the protease inhibitor indinavir in healthy volunteersDouglas Slain
School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9520, USA
Pharmacotherapy 25:165-70. 2005..To determine whether daily high-dose vitamin C alters the steady-state pharmacokinetics of indinavir, a protease inhibitor indicated for treatment of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1...
- Discrepancies between home medications listed at hospital admission and reported medical conditionsDouglas Slain
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, West Virginia University School of Pharmacy, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9520, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 6:161-6. 2008..The use of medications without a clear reported indication is of particular concern and has been associated with inappropriate use and polypharmacy...
- Evaluation of an alternative posaconazole prophylaxis regimen in haematological malignancy patients receiving concomitant stress ulcer prophylaxisAshley L Ross
Department of Pharmacy Services, West Virginia University Healthcare, Morgantown, WV, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 40:557-61. 2012..8, 95% CI 1.22-55.16] was associated with PCZ target attainment. These results suggest that PCZ target attainment is similar with either PCZ regimen but that there may be less of an interaction with H2As compared with PPIs...
- Vancomycin administration during dialysis with low-flux polysulfone membranes: traditional versus a supplemental dosage regimenMary K Stamatakis
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, West Virginia University, 1124 Health Sciences North, P.O. Box 9520, Morgantown, WV 26506-9520, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 60:1564-8. 2003
- Assessment of a safety enhancement to the hospital medication reconciliation process for elderly patientsLucy A Gizzi
Department of Pharmaceutical Services, West Virginia University Hospitals, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 8:127-35. 2010....
- Candida endophthalmitis: focus on current and future antifungal treatment optionsFida A Khan
Section of Infectious Diseases, Ohio Valley Medical Center, Wheeling, West Virginia, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:1711-21. 2007....