Ian Rh Rockett
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- The black-white suicide paradox: possible effects of misclassificationIan R H Rockett
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA
Soc Sci Med 63:2165-75. 2006....
- Work stress, life stress, and smoking among rural-urban migrant workers in ChinaXiaobo Cui
Department of Health Education, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
BMC Public Health 12:979. 2012..This study examined the association between both perceived work stress and perceived life stress with smoking behavior among this group during the period of migration...
- Forty years of increasing suicide mortality in Poland: undercounting amidst a hanging epidemic?Peter Hofer
Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
BMC Public Health 12:644. 2012..Suicide rate trends for Poland, one of the most populous countries in Europe, are not well documented. Moreover, the quality of the official Polish suicide statistics is unknown and requires in-depth investigation...
- Leading causes of unintentional and intentional injury mortality: United States, 2000-2009Ian R H Rockett
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, PO Box 9190, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9190, USA
Am J Public Health 102:e84-92. 2012..We have described national trends for the 5 leading external causes of injury mortality...
- Nicotine dependence among rural-urban migrants in ChinaJunqing Wu
Shanghai Institute of Planned Parenthood Research, WHO Collaborating Center on Human Research on Reproductive Health, Shanghai, 200032, China
BMC Public Health 11:296. 2011..The aim of this study was to estimate nicotine dependence levels and identify determinants of dependence among Chinese rural-urban migrants...
- Suicide and unintentional poisoning mortality trends in the United States, 1987-2006: two unrelated phenomena?Ian R H Rockett
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
BMC Public Health 10:705. 2010..We compare suicide and poisoning mortality trends over two decades in a preliminary assessment of their independence and implications for suicide misclassification...
- Race/ethnicity and potential suicide misclassification: window on a minority suicide paradox?Ian R H Rockett
Department of Community Medicine and the Injury Control Research Center, PO Box 9190 West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
BMC Psychiatry 10:35. 2010..Analysis of this leading public health problem is complicated by undercounting. Despite persisting socioeconomic and health disparities, non-Hispanic Blacks and Hispanics register suicide rates less than half that of non-Hispanic Whites...
- Discrepant comorbidity between minority and white suicides: a national multiple cause-of-death analysisIan R H Rockett
Injury Control Research Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
BMC Psychiatry 9:10. 2009..Self-report and records data for the general population indicate that proximate mental and physical health of minority suicides was at least as poor as that of white suicides...
- Suicide-associated comorbidity among US males and females: a multiple cause-of-death analysisIan R H Rockett
Injury Control Research Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9190, USA
Inj Prev 13:311-5. 2007..To describe physical and mental comorbidity among male and female suicides in the US. This research replicates a seminal Australian study, which permits inference on comparative cause-of-death data quality...
- Declared and undeclared substance use among emergency department patients: a population-based studyIan R H Rockett
Injury Control Research Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506, USA
Addiction 101:706-12. 2006..To estimate both self-reported and corrected prevalences of substance use in a population-based study of general hospital emergency department (ED) patients and predict undeclared use...
- Unmet substance abuse treatment need, health services utilization, and cost: a population-based emergency department studyIan R H Rockett
Department of Community Medicine, Center for Rural Emergency Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506 9190, USA
Ann Emerg Med 45:118-27. 2005..There is a high prevalence of unmet substance abuse treatment need among adult hospital emergency department (ED) patients. We examine the association between this unmet need and excess utilization of health services and estimate costs...
- Assessing substance abuse treatment need: a statewide hospital emergency department studyIan R H Rockett
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Ann Emerg Med 41:802-13. 2003....
- Socioeconomic status and alcohol use among urban and rural residents in ChinaBei Wu
Center on Aging and Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA
Subst Use Misuse 43:952-66. 2008..Further research, which factors in quantity and frequency, is needed to understand how alcohol use among Chinese urban and rural populations impacts their health...