Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Pei M, He F, Kish V, Vunjak Novakovic G. Engineering of functional cartilage tissue using stem cells from synovial lining: a preliminary study. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008;466:1880-9 pubmed publisher..We thus propose functional cartilage constructs could be engineered in vitro through the use of negatively isolated SDSCs. ..
- Pei M, Li J, Zhang Y, Liu G, Wei L, Zhang Y. Expansion on a matrix deposited by nonchondrogenic urine stem cells strengthens the chondrogenic capacity of repeated-passage bone marrow stromal cells. Cell Tissue Res. 2014;356:391-403 pubmed publisher..This study also provides an excellent model for investigating the effect of trophic factors released by stem cells on tissue regeneration without interference by stem cell differentiation. ..
- Chen S, Fu P, Wu H, Pei M. Meniscus, articular cartilage and nucleus pulposus: a comparative review of cartilage-like tissues in anatomy, development and function. Cell Tissue Res. 2017;370:53-70 pubmed publisher..The goal of this paper is to provide researchers with the fundamental knowledge to correctly engineer the meniscus, AC and NP without inadvertently developing the wrong tissue function or biochemistry. ..
- Li J, Pei M. A Protocol to Prepare Decellularized Stem Cell Matrix for Rejuvenation of Cell Expansion and Cartilage Regeneration. Methods Mol Biol. 2018;1577:147-154 pubmed publisher..The decellularized stem cell matrix (DSCM) might be a powerful system for tissue engineering and regeneration. ..
- Pei M, Chen D, Li J, Wei L. Histone deacetylase 4 promotes TGF-beta1-induced synovium-derived stem cell chondrogenesis but inhibits chondrogenically differentiated stem cell hypertrophy. Differentiation. 2009;78:260-8 pubmed publisher..The mechanism underlying this process needs further investigation. ..