C V Harris
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Examining smoking and cessation during pregnancy among an Appalachian sample: a preliminary viewLesley Cottrell
Robert C, Byrd Health Sciences Center, Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506 9214, USA
Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy 2:14. 2007..This study explores the role of smoking for young, Appalachian, nulliparous pregnant women and their plans for smoking during their pregnancies...
- BMI-based body size guides for women and men: development and validation of a novel pictorial method to assess weight-related conceptsC V Harris
Health Research Center, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506 9136, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:336-42. 2008..To develop and evaluate two BMI-based instruments to determine perceptions of weight status, particularly perceptions of overweight and obesity, using pictorial images of women and men...
- Assessing BMI in West Virginia schools: parent perspectives and the influence of contextCarole V Harris
West Virginia University, Health Research Center, PO Box 9136, Suite 1400 HSC South, Morgantown, WV 26506 9136, USA
Pediatrics 124:S63-72. 2009..Collaboration with state and local partners and regular dissemination of our findings have been key elements of the approach taken. The research and policy implications of our findings and approach are discussed...
- Influence of prior sexual risk experience on response to intervention targeting multiple risk behaviors among adolescentsYing Wu
Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
J Adolesc Health 36:56-63. 2005..To identify correlates of sexual risk variations among African-American adolescents, and to examine the influence of prior sexual experience on response to a HIV risk-reduction intervention...
- Sustaining and broadening intervention impact: a longitudinal randomized trial of 3 adolescent risk reduction approachesYing Wu
Department of Pediatrics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9214, USA
Pediatrics 111:e32-8. 2003....
- Preventive care in Appalachia: use of the theory of planned behavior to identify barriers to participation in cholesterol screenings among West VirginiansShelli Deskins
Health Research Center, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown 26506, USA
J Rural Health 22:367-74. 2006..However, participation rates have been less than desired...