Stephanie J Frisbee
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Inverse association of colorectal cancer prevalence to serum levels of perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and perfluorooctanoate (PFOA) in a large Appalachian populationKim E Innes
Department of Epidemiology, West Virginia University School of Public Health, PO Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26506 9190, USA
BMC Cancer 14:45. 2014..However, the link between these compounds and CRC remains unknown. In this cross-sectional study, we investigated the association of CRC diagnosis to PFOA and PFOS blood levels in a large Appalachian population...
- The C8 health project: design, methods, and participantsStephanie J Frisbee
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9105, USA
Environ Health Perspect 117:1873-82. 2009..The settlement stemmed from the perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA, or C8) contamination of drinking water in six water districts in two states near the DuPont Washington Works facility near Parkersburg, West Virginia...
- Perfluorooctanoic acid, perfluorooctanesulfonate, and serum lipids in children and adolescents: results from the C8 Health ProjectStephanie J Frisbee
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, 1 Medical Center Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506 9105, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 164:860-9. 2010..Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctanesulfonate (PFOS) are man-made compounds with widespread presence in human sera. In previous occupational and adult studies, PFOA and PFOS were positively associated with serum lipid levels...
- Self-reported dental hygiene, obesity, and systemic inflammation in a pediatric rural community cohortStephanie J Frisbee
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
BMC Oral Health 10:21. 2010..This study investigated associations between self-reported dental hygiene, obesity, and systemic inflammation in children...
- Perfluorocarbon exposure, gender and thyroid function in the C8 Health ProjectSarah S Knox
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Toxicol Sci 36:403-10. 2011..Results provide evidence for disruption of thyroid function related to these common chemicals and possible mechanisms are discussed...
- Depressive behavior and vascular dysfunction: a link between clinical depression and vascular disease?Alexandre C d'Audiffret
Center for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:1041-51. 2010....
- Aspirin resistance with genetic dyslipidemia: contribution of vascular thromboxane generationJefferson C Frisbee
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, West Virginia University Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, West Virginia 26505, USA
Physiol Genomics 42:331-41. 2010....
- Implications of early menopause in women exposed to perfluorocarbonsSarah S Knox
Department of Community Medicine, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9190, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:1747-53. 2011..Perfluorocarbons (PFC) are man-made chemicals used in numerous household products. They have a long half-life in humans and complex animal toxicity, and accumulating evidence points toward associations with multiple human health endpoints...
- Impact of chronic anticholesterol therapy on development of microvascular rarefaction in the metabolic syndromeAdam G Goodwill
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, West Virginia University School ofMedicine, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Microcirculation 16:667-84. 2009..As such, we evaluated the impact of chronic cholesterol-reducing therapy on the development of impaired skeletal muscle arteriolar reactivity and microvessel density in OZR and its impact on chronic inflammation and NO bioavailability...