M Yusoff Dawood
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Primary dysmenorrhea: advances in pathogenesis and managementM Yusoff Dawood
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Physiology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, 26508 9186, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:428-41. 2006..An algorithm is provided for a simple approach to the management of primary dysmenorrhea...
- Clinical efficacy and differential inhibition of menstrual fluid prostaglandin F2alpha in a randomized, double-blind, crossover treatment with placebo, acetaminophen, and ibuprofen in primary dysmenorrheaM Yusoff Dawood
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Robert C Byrd Health Science Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506 9186, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:35.e1-5. 2007..The purpose of this study was to compare acetaminophen with ibuprofen for pain relief and menstrual fluid prostaglandin F2alpha (PGF2alpha) suppression in primary dysmenorrhea...
- Differential suppression of menstrual fluid prostaglandin F2a, prostaglandin E2, 6-keto prostaglandin F1a and thromboxane B2 by suprofen in women with primary dysmenorrheaM Yusoff Dawood
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Science Center, Morgantown, WV 26506 9186, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 83:146-53. 2007..In contrast, nine rated suprofen excellent to fair while two rated poor. Thus, suprofen was clinically effective but the differential suppression of prostanoids favors 200mg which spares 6-keto PGF1a...
- Baboon corpus luteum: size and sex steroid secretion throughout the luteal phaseM Yusoff Dawood
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9188, USA
Fertil Steril 89:1338-43. 2008....
- Effect of the oxytocin antagonist antocin and agonist decomoton on baboon luteal cell production and release of progesteroneM Yusoff Dawood
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506 9186, USA
Fertil Steril 90:1366-71. 2008..To evaluate the effect of oxytocin, its antagonist antocin, and agonist decomoton on baboon luteal cell P secretion...
- Comparison of the efficacy and safety of nonprescription doses of naproxen and naproxen sodium with ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and placebo in the treatment of primary dysmenorrhea: a pooled analysis of five studiesIan Milsom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Ther 24:1384-400. 2002..Effective treatments are available, including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). In many countries, a variety of NSAIDs have become available as over-the-counter (OTC) drugs...
- Cyclic perimenstrual pain and discomfort: the scientific basis for practiceBeth A Collins Sharp
Medical University of South Carolina, Department of Ob Gyn, Charleston 29425, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 31:637-49. 2002..To review and organize the science related to cyclic perimenstrual pain and discomfort for the fifth research-based practice project of the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses...