Cathy A Coyne
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Randomized, controlled trial of an easy-to-read informed consent statement for clinical trial participation: a study of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupCathy A Coyne
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:836-42. 2003....
- Social and cultural factors influencing health in southern West Virginia: a qualitative studyCathy A Coyne
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, PO Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A124. 2006..strong social ties). Few recent studies have explored regional cultural issues qualitatively. The purpose of this study was to examine social and cultural factors that may be associated with health and illness in an Appalachian region...
- Rural cancer patients' perspectives on clinical trials: a qualitative studyCathy A Coyne
Department of Community Medicine, School of Medicine, West Virgina University, P O Box 9190, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Cancer Educ 19:165-9. 2004..To increase the participation of low-income, rural cancer patients in clinical trials, a better understanding of patients' attitudes, knowledge, and beliefs is needed...
- The Appalachia Cancer Network: cancer control research among a rural, medically underserved populationEugene J Lengerich
Department of Health Evaluation Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, University Park, PA, USA
J Rural Health 20:181-7. 2004..Important issues and questions related to the effectiveness of such research networks have also been articulated...
- Combining cancer control information with adult literacy education: opportunities to reach adults with limited literacy skillsIan M Bennett
Department of Family Practice and Community Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Cancer Control 10:81-3. 2003
- Qualitative assessment of local distribution of Screen for Life mass media materials in AppalachiaRobin C Vanderpool
University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Control Program, 2365 Harrodsburg Rd, Suite A230, Lexington, KY 40504, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 3:A54. 2006....