Ilana R Azulay Chertok
Affiliation: West Virginia University
- Effects of early breastfeeding on neonatal glucose levels of term infants born to women with gestational diabetesI R A Chertok
Department of Health Promotion, West Virginia University, School of Nursing, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Hum Nutr Diet 22:166-9. 2009..The present study aimed to examine the effect of early breastfeeding and type of nutrition used for the first feed (human milk or formula) on glucose levels in infants born to women with gestational diabetes...
- Reexamination of ultra-thin nipple shield use, infant growth and maternal satisfactionIlana R A Chertok
West Virginia University, School of Nursing, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
J Clin Nurs 18:2949-55. 2009..Additionally, the study examined maternal satisfaction with nipple shield use using a structured survey...
- Association between changes in smoking habits in subsequent pregnancy and infant birth weight in West VirginiaIlana R Azulay Chertok
School of Nursing, Department of Health Promotion, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:249-54. 2011....
- Intent to breastfeed: a population-based perspectiveIlana R Azulay Chertok
School of Nursing, West Virginia University, Morgantown, 26506, USA
Breastfeed Med 6:125-9. 2011..Breastfeeding rates in West Virginia, a primarily rural state, are among the lowest in the United States, and minimal research has been published to date on population-based prenatal intent to breastfeed among rural women...
- Review of perinatal partner-focused smoking cessation interventionsAdrienne L Duckworth
West Virginia University School of Nursing, Morgantown, WV, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 37:174-81. 2012..Efforts to promote smoking cessation among pregnant women should be inclusive of partners, recognizing that partners influence maternal prenatal health behaviors...