Douglas J Weschules
- A systematic review of opioid conversion ratios used with methadone for the treatment of painDouglas J Weschules
excelleRx, Inc, An Omnicare Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Pain Med 9:595-612. 2008..Review and analyze the evidence base comprising methadone conversion methods and associated dosing ratios for the treatment of pain...
- Are newer, more expensive pharmacotherapy options associated with superior symptom control compared to less costly agents used in a collaborative practice setting?Douglas J Weschules
excellRx, Inc, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 23:135-49. 2006..0513); however, neither difference was statistically significant. Newer pharmacotherapy options for the management of pain, insomnia, and nausea were not found to be superior when compared to older agents prescribed under CP...
- Toward evidence-based prescribing at end of life: a comparative analysis of sustained-release morphine, oxycodone, and transdermal fentanyl, with pain, constipation, and caregiver interaction outcomes in hospice patientsDouglas J Weschules
excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Pain Med 7:320-9. 2006..The outcomes examined include: pain score, constipation severity, and ability of the patient to communicate with caregivers...
- Toward evidence-based prescribing at end of life: a comparative review of temazepam and zolpidem for the treatment of insomniaKevin T Bain
excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 20:382-8. 2003..After review of the primary literature and the prescribing patterns in our setting, there is currently no evidence in our patient population to support that zolpidem is superior to benzodiazepines for the treatment of insomnia...
- Actual and potential drug interactions associated with methadoneDouglas J Weschules
excelleRx, Inc, An Omnicare Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pain Med 9:315-44. 2008..To identify and characterize methadone-related drug interactions, as well as factors accounting for the variability in manifesting these interactions clinically...
- Methadone and the hospice patient: prescribing trends in the home-care settingDouglas J Weschules
ExcelleRx Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106, USA
Pain Med 4:269-76. 2003..To identify frequency and utilization patterns of methadone by hospice patients in the home-care setting...
- Development of guidelines for palliative care pharmacotherapyDouglas J Weschules
excellRx, Inc, Philadelphia, PA, 19106, USA
J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 19:25-38. 2005..The process used by one national palliative care pharmacy company to create palliative care guidelines and algorithms is described along with some of the challenges in validating such tools...
- Medication inappropriateness for older adults receiving hospice care: a pilot surveyKevin T Bain
Department of Quality Outcomes, excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Consult Pharm 22:926-34. 2007..To test the feasibility and reliability of a tool and methodology for evaluating expert clinicians' perceptions about the application of the Beers criteria in hospice...
- Tolerability of the compound ABHR in hospice patientsDouglas J Weschules
excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
J Palliat Med 8:1135-43. 2005....
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptor antagonist use among hospice enrollees with a primary diagnosis of dementiaDouglas J Weschules
GlaxoSmithKline, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19101, USA
J Palliat Med 11:738-45. 2008....