Ellen M Weissman
- Impact of splitting risperidone tablets on medication adherence and on clinical outcomes for patients with schizophreniaEllen M Weissman
Targeted Research Enhancement Program, Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:201-6. 2007..The research objectives were to determine whether risperidone tablet splitting is associated with changes in medication adherence, service utilization, or clinical outcomes...
- Lipid monitoring in patients with schizophrenia prescribed second-generation antipsychoticsEllen M Weissman
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center VISN 3, Bronx VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1323-6. 2006....
- Volume of VA patients with posttraumatic stress disorder in the New York metropolitan area after September 11Ellen M Weissman
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New York 10468, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1641-3. 2003..The results highlight the need to ensure adequate availability of services in the wake of traumatic events...
- Implementing peer-assisted case management to help homeless veterans with mental illness transition to independent housingEllen M Weissman
Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Veterans Integrated Service Network 3, Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, NY 10468, USA
Community Ment Health J 41:267-76. 2005..In this report, we describe a pilot peer advisor program, its implementation, and pilot data on program administration...
- Antipsychotic prescribing practices in the Veterans Healthcare Administration--New York metropolitan regionEllen M Weissman
Bronx VA Medical Center, NY 10468, USA
Schizophr Bull 28:31-42. 2002..Additional research in everyday practice settings is needed to address clinical questions unlikely to be answered through traditional efficacy research and to examine reasons for intersite differences in prescribing patterns...
- Impact of modifying risk adjustment models on rankings of access to care in the VA mental health report cardEllen M Weissman
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center of Veterans Administration Integrated Service Network 3, Bronx, New York 10468, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:1153-8. 2002....
- Physical health monitoring of patients with schizophreniaStephen R Marder
Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, CA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 161:1334-49. 2004..The authors discuss a consensus panel's recommendations for improving the physical health monitoring of patients with schizophrenia who are treated in outpatient settings...
- What do people with schizophrenia think about weight management?Ellen M Weissman
Psychiatr Serv 57:724-5. 2006
- Weight gain with clozapine compared to first generation antipsychotic medicationsNancy H Covell
Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Research Division, Hartford, CT 06134, USA
Schizophr Bull 30:229-40. 2004..Patients gained weight whether they switched to clozapine or remained on first generation antipsychotic medications, but weight gain was significantly greater (1 BMI unit) in the clozapine-treated group, particularly among women...
- Health monitoring for patients who have schizophrenia. Summary of the Mount Sinai Conference recommendationsNancy H Covell
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Connecticut DMHAS Research Division, Hartford 06134, USA
Postgrad Med . 2006..Information from such measurements should be considered when selecting or switching antipsychotic agents and should trigger an evaluation of medication when abnormalities are detected...
- Inside the black box: the importance of monitoring treatment implementationSusan M Essock
Division of Health Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, Box 1230, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L. Levy Place, New York, NY 10029-6574, USA
Schizophr Bull 30:613-5. 2004