Charlene R Weir
- A cognitive task analysis of information management strategies in a computerized provider order entry environmentCharlene R Weir
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center 182, George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 500 Foothill Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 14:65-75. 2007..The objective of this study is to explore the information management strategies that clinicians use in the process of adapting to a CPOE system using cognitive task analysis techniques...
- Mapping clinicians' perceptions about computerized protocol use to an IT implementation frameworkShobha Phansalkar
Department of Biomedical Informatics, College of Nursing, University of Utah, and LDS Hospital, Pulmonary Division, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112 5750, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 129:1098-101. 2007..Strategic planning requires enhancing the framework with additional detail related to the specific technology under consideration...
- Using implementation safety indicators for CPOE implementationCharlene R Weir
Geriatric Research and Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs, Salt Lake City Health Care System, Salt Lake City, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:21-8. 2009..Information theory is proposed as a basis for process assessment. Early in the process, the implementation team realized the need to create indicators to help monitor the process of change...
- Reviewing the impact of computerized provider order entry on clinical outcomes: The quality of systematic reviewsCharlene R Weir
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center GRECC and Salt Lake Informatics, Decision Enhancement and Surveillance IDEAS Center, George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Int J Med Inform 81:219-31. 2012..This paper presents the results of a systematic analysis of the quality of systematic reviews of empirical CPOE research...
- Crossing the quality chasm: the role of information technology departmentsCharlene R Weir
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84148, USA
Am J Med Qual 21:382-93. 2006..In rounds 2 and 3, IT performance monitoring was rated the most important, closely followed by clinical support. Strategies associated with each domain are identified and discussed...
- A qualitative evaluation of the crucial attributes of contextual Information necessary in EHR design to support patient-centered medical home careCharlene R Weir
VA HSR and D Informatics and Decision Enhancement Center of Innovation IDEAS, 500 Foothill Blvd, Salt Lake City, UT, 84108, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 15:30. 2015....
- High rates of adverse drug events in a highly computerized hospitalJonathan R Nebeker
Veterans Administration Salt Lake City Health Care System, Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Arch Intern Med 165:1111-6. 2005..We describe the frequency and type of inpatient ADEs that occurred following the adoption of multiple computerized medication ordering and administration systems, including computerized physician order entry (CPOE)...
- Clinicians' perceptions about use of computerized protocols: a multicenter studyShobha Phansalkar
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 5750, USA
Int J Med Inform 77:184-93. 2008..In this study, we describe the development and validation of an instrument for assessing clinicians' perceptions about use of explicit computerized protocols...
- The state of the evidence for computerized provider order entry: a systematic review and analysis of the quality of the literatureCharlene R Weir
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, George E Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84148, USA
Int J Med Inform 78:365-74. 2009..This paper presents the results of a systematic literature review and a formal analysis of the scientific quality of empirical research on computerized provider order-entry (CPOE) applications...