Joseph P Uberti
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Comparative analysis of BU and CY versus CY and TBI in full intensity unrelated marrow donor transplantation for AML, CML and myelodysplasiaJ P Uberti
Wayne State University Karmanos Cancer Center, Detroit, MI, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 46:34-43. 2011..We conclude that BuCy, standard-dose and high-dose Cy/TBI regimens have equivalent efficacy profiles for OS, DFS, TRM and relapse risk in patients undergoing T-replete URD marrow transplantation for AML, CML and MDS...
- Pilot trial on the use of etanercept and methylprednisolone as primary treatment for acute graft-versus-host diseaseJoseph P Uberti
Department of Internal Medicine, Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:680-7. 2005..In contrast, for 15 responding patients, soluble TNF receptor 1 plasma concentration levels returned to baseline. These data demonstrate the feasibility of using cytokine blockade in the early treatment of aGVHD...
- Unrelated donor bone marrow transplantation using a chemotherapy-only preparative regimen for adults with high-risk acute myelogenous leukemiaLois J Ayash
Department of Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am J Hematol 82:6-14. 2007..With decreasing treatment-related mortality, it is justified to proceed early to URD BMT for patients with poor prognostic features...
- Clinical applications of rituximab in allogeneic stem cell transplantation: anti-tumor and immunomodulatory effectsVoravit Ratanatharathorn
Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 35:653-61. 2009....
- Treatment of chronic graft-versus-host disease with anti-CD20 chimeric monoclonal antibodyVoravit Ratanatharathorn
Blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplantation Program, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:505-11. 2003..This study suggests a participating role of B cells in the pathogenesis of chronic GVHD...
- CD20-targeted T cells after stem cell transplantation for high risk and refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphomaLawrence G Lum
Department of Oncology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 19:925-33. 2013..Polyclonal and specific antibodies were near normal 3 months after SCT. aATC infusions were safe and increased innate and specific antilymphoma cell immunity without impairing antibody recovery after SCT...
- Lowered-intensity preparative regimen for allogeneic stem cell transplantation delays acute graft-versus-host disease but does not improve outcome for advanced hematologic malignancyJohn E Levine
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0914, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:189-97. 2003..A reduction in conditioning intensity is associated with poor survival for patients with advanced-stage disease, highlighting the importance of the conditioning regimen for tumor control...
- Prior rituximab correlates with less acute graft-versus-host disease and better survival in B-cell lymphoma patients who received allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationVoravit Ratanatharathorn
Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Br J Haematol 145:816-24. 2009..50-0.92; P = 0.01) and overall survival (OS) (RR = 0.63; 95% CI, 0.46-0.86; P = 0.004) were significantly better in the RTX cohort. Prior RTX therapy correlated with less acute GVHD, similar chronic GVHD, less TRM, better PFS and OS...
- Effect of aprepitant on intravenous tacrolimus disposition in reduced intensity hematopoietic stem cell transplantationRami B Ibrahim
Department of Pharmacy Karmanos Cancer Hospital, 4100 John R, Detroit, MI 48201 2013, USA
J Oncol Pharm Pract 14:113-21. 2008..Collectively, these data suggest that AP effect on tacrolimus metabolism is of minor clinical significance. A controlled trial is needed to confirm these findings...
- Phase I study of involved-field radiotherapy preceding autologous stem cell transplantation for patients with high-risk lymphoma or Hodgkin's diseaseLaura A Dawson
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:208-18. 2004....
- Nonabsorbable corticosteroids use in the treatment of gastrointestinal graft-versus-host diseaseRami B Ibrahim
Karmanos Cancer Institute and Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:395-405. 2009..This review evaluates the current evidence of nonabsorbable corticosteroids in HSCT and sets forth recommendations for future trials with these agents...
- Targeting cytomegalovirus-infected cells using T cells armed with anti-CD3 × anti-CMV bispecific antibodyLawrence G Lum
Bone Marrow Transplantation and Immunotherapy Program, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:1012-22. 2012..This nonmajor histocompatibility complex restricted strategy for targeting CMV could be used to prevent or treat CMV infections after allogeneic stem cell transplantation or organ transplantation...
- Very late recurrences of leukemia: why does leukemia awake after many years of dormancy?Maxim Norkin
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Leuk Res 35:139-44. 2011..Case descriptions are followed by a discussion regarding possible mechanisms leading to leukemia recurrence and a review of the literature...
- Disabling immune tolerance by programmed death-1 blockade with pidilizumab after autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: results of an international phase II trialPhilippe Armand
Philippe Armand and Edie Weller, Dana Farber Cancer Institute David E Avigan, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Yi Bin Chen, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA Arnon Nagler, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer Reuven Or, Hadassah Medical Center, Jerusalem Rinat Rotem Yehudar, CureTech, Yavne, Israel Steven M Devine, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus Hillard M Lazarus, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH Mark S Kaminski, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI H Kent Holland, Northside Hospital Edmund K Waller, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, GA Jane N Winter and Leo I Gordon, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Stephanie A Gregory, Rush Medical Center, Chicago, IL James R Mason, Scripps Clinic Edward D Ball, Moores University of California at San Diego Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego John M Timmerman and David Andorsky, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA Joseph W Fay, Baylor Research Institute, Department of Internal Medicine
J Clin Oncol 31:4199-206. 2013..The reconstituting immune landscape after autologous hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation (AHSCT) may be particularly favorable for breaking immune tolerance through PD-1 blockade...
- Twenty years of unrelated donor hematopoietic cell transplantation for adult recipients facilitated by the National Marrow Donor ProgramChatchada Karanes
City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:8-15. 2008..Correspondingly, survival within each disease category has improved. Particularly gratifying are the results in severe aplastic anemia (AA) where 2-year survival has doubled in just 10 years...