Husain A Saleh
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Immunohistochemical expression of bcl-2 and p53 oncoproteins: correlation with Ki67 proliferation index and prognostic histopathologic parameters in colorectal neoplasiaH A Saleh
Department of Pathology, The Detroit Medical Center Grace Hospital, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48235, USA
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 8:175-82. 2000..Evaluation of bcl-2, p53, and Ki67 IHC expression in colonic carcinoma may be of value in predicting the clinical course in these patients...
- A unique case of urinary bladder simple melanosis: a case report and review of the literatureBo Jin
Department of Pathology, Sinai Grace Hospital Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 6071 West Outer Drive, Detroit, MI 48235 USA
Diagn Pathol 4:24. 2009..In this article, we report a new case of urinary melanosis, describe the differential diagnostic features from pseudomelanosis and offer clues for correct diagnosis. We also provide comprehensive review of the literature on the subject...
- Pulmonary carcinosarcoma initially presenting as invasive aspergillosis: a case report of previously unreported combinationAriyo O Olobatoke
Department of Medicine, Sinai Grace Hospital Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diagn Pathol 5:11. 2010..Tissue examination is the most reliable method for diagnosis, and mortality rate is high.We describe a case of primary carcinosarcoma of the lung concurrently occurring with invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in a 66-year old patient...
- Utility of immunohistochemical markers in differentiating benign from malignant follicular-derived thyroid nodulesHusain A Saleh
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, Sinai Grace Hospital Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diagn Pathol 5:9. 2010..Thyroid nodules are common among adults though only a small percentage is malignant, which can histologically mimic benign nodules. Accurate diagnosis of these thyroid nodules is critical for the proper clinical management...
- Differentiating reactive mesothelial cells from metastatic adenocarcinoma in serous effusions: the utility of immunocytochemical panel in the differential diagnosisHusain A Saleh
Department of Pathology, Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:324-32. 2009..7% specificity in detecting RM. We conclude that adding a panel of MOC-31, BerEp4, calretinin, and HBME-1 immunostains to routine cytomorphologic features can greatly enhance the diagnostic accuracy of serous effusions...
- Conjunctival changes in children with Kawasaki disease: cytopathologic characterizationMousa A Al-Abbadi
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University Detroit Medical Center, Detroit 48201, USA
Acta Cytol 51:370-4. 2007..To examine the cytopathological changes in the conjunctiva of patients with active Kawasaki disease...
- Discriminating hepatocellular carcinoma from metastatic carcinoma on fine-needle aspiration biopsy of the liver: the utility of immunocytochemical panelHusain A Saleh
Department of Pathology, Sinai Grace Hospital Detroit Medical Center Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48302, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:184-90. 2009..We conclude that a panel of HepPar1, glypican-3, MOC-31, and CK7 accurately and statistically significantly differentiates these two malignancies (P < 0.05)...
- Differential expression of HER-2/NEU receptor of invasive mammary carcinoma between Caucasian and African American patients in the Detroit metropolitan area. Correlation with overall survival and other prognostic factorsM A al-Abbadi
Detroit Medical Center and the Karmanos Cancer Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 97:3-8. 2006..This study evaluated the frequency of HER-2/neu overexpression in C compared to AA patients and the association of HER-2/neu expression with overall survival and other prognostic factors...