P S McKinnon
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- New antibiotics for infections caused by resistant organismsP S McKinnon
Detroit Receiving Hospital and University Health Center, Anti Infective Research Laboratory, Department of Pharmacy Services, 4201 St Antoine Blvd, Detroit, Michigan 48201
Support Care Cancer 9:8-10. 2001..Other new classes of agents, including the ketolides, everninomycins, and newer glycopeptides, such as LY-333328, are in the early stages of development...
- Temporal assessment of Candida risk factors in the surgical intensive care unitP S McKinnon
Detroit Receiving Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
Arch Surg 136:1401-8; discussion 1409. 2001..Risk factors for Candida infection in surgical intensive care units (SICUs) change over time. Risk factor progression may influence Candida colonization and infection...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic issues in the treatment of bacterial infectious diseasesP S McKinnon
Detroit Receiving Hospital, Anti Infective Research Laboratory and Wayne State University, 4201 St Antoine Boulevard, 1B UHC, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:271-88. 2004..Disease states with special considerations for antimicrobial use are reviewed, as are situations in which pathophysiologic changes may alter the pharmacokinetic handling of antimicrobial agents...
- Epidemiology, resistance, and outcomes of Acinetobacter baumannii bacteremia treated with imipenem-cilastatin or ampicillin-sulbactamT K Jellison
Department of Pharmacy Services, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Wayne State University, Michigan 48201, USA
Pharmacotherapy 21:142-8. 2001..004). CONCLUSION: Ampicillin-sulbactam is at least as effective as imipenem-cilastatin based on clinical response at days 2, 7, and end of treatment and is a cost-effective alternative for treatment of A. baumannii infections...
- Pharmacologic considerations in antimicrobial therapy, with emphasis on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics: reviews for the practicing clinicianP S McKinnon
Infectious Diseases Pharmacotherapy, Detroit Receiving Hospital and Infectious Diseases Outcome Research, Anti-Infective Research Laboratory, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:231-2. 2004