Affiliation: Wayne State University
- MicroRNAs in opioid addiction: elucidating evolutionEmily J Wood
Center for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, School of Medicine, Wayne State University Detroit, MI, USA
Front Genet 3:241. 2012..We reveal a complex evolutionary landscape in which certain directional regulatory edges of the microRNA-mRNA hub-and-spoke network lack pan-mammalian conservation...
- Detailed characterization of the mouse embryonic stem cell transcriptome reveals novel genes and intergenic splicing associated with pluripotencyGalih Kunarso
Computational and Mathematical Biology, Genome Institute of Singapore, 60 Biopolis Street 02 01, Singapore 138672, Singapore
BMC Genomics 9:155. 2008..To identify novel genes associated with pluripotency, we globally searched for ES transcripts not corresponding to known genes, validated their sequences, determined their expression profiles, and employed RNAi to test their function...
- MacroRNA underdogs in a microRNA world: evolutionary, regulatory, and biomedical significance of mammalian long non-protein-coding RNALeonard Lipovich
Department of Neurology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1799:597-615. 2010....
- Characterization of the myometrial transcriptome and biological pathways of spontaneous human labor at termPooja Mittal
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Perinat Med 38:617-43. 2010..to characterize the transcriptome of human myometrium during spontaneous labor at term...
- Mining Affymetrix microarray data for long non-coding RNAs: altered expression in the nucleus accumbens of heroin abusersSharon K Michelhaugh
Department of Pharmacology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Neurochem 116:459-66. 2011..The finding that all detected lncRNAs were up-regulated in heroin abusers is consonant with the proposed role of lncRNAs as mediators of widespread changes in gene expression as occur in drug abuse...