Janet Kula Harden
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Partners' long-term appraisal of their caregiving experience, marital satisfaction, sexual satisfaction, and quality of life 2 years after prostate cancer treatmentJanet K Harden
College of Nursing, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Nurs 36:104-13. 2013..Partners of men treated for prostate cancer report more emotional distress associated with a diagnosis of prostate cancer than the men report; the duration of distress for partners is seldom examined...
- Faculty and student experiences with Web-based discussion groups in a large lecture settingJanet Kula Harden
Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich 48202, USA
Nurse Educ 28:26-30. 2003..The author discusses how computer discussion groups were incorporated into a class of 117 nursing students...
- Developmental life stage and couples' experiences with prostate cancer: a review of the literatureJanet Harden
Wayne State University College of Nursing, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Cancer Nurs 28:85-98. 2005..Knowledge gaps and implications for research using a developmental approach are identified...
- Qualitative analysis of couples' experience with prostate cancer by age cohortJanet K Harden
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Cancer Nurs 29:367-77. 2006..Results indicate that although prostate cancer may have some universal effects on couples, it also may have differential effects by age cohort. Hence, targeted interventions by age cohort may be warranted...
- The influence of developmental life stage on quality of life in survivors of prostate cancer and their partnersJanet Harden
College of Nursing, Wayne State University, 5557 Cass Ave, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Cancer Surviv 2:84-94. 2008..Using an Adult Developmental and Family Stress framework, this study focuses on how normative (developmental stage) and non-normative stressors (prostate cancer) may affect a couple's ability to adapt...
- Factors associated with prostate cancer patients' and their spouses' satisfaction with a family-based interventionJanet Harden
College of Nursing, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:482-92. 2009..To translate effective interventions to clinical practice settings, it is important to assess participants' satisfaction with program content and delivery, as well as program outcomes...
- Couples' experiences with prostate cancer: focus group researchJanet Harden
College of Nursing, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:701-9. 2002....
- A family-based program of care for women with recurrent breast cancer and their family membersLaurel L Northouse
School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:1411-9. 2002..To evaluate the FOCUS Program (family involvement, optimistic attitude, coping effectiveness, uncertainty reduction, and symptom management), a family-based program of care for women with recurrent breast cancer and their family caregivers...
- Quality of Life in Partners of Survivors of Prostate CancerJanet Harden; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings can be used as the basis for the design and implementation of future couple-focused interventions for prostate cancer patients. ..