K L Golden
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Effect of insulin on iodide uptake in mouse mammary gland explantsJames A Rillema
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201 1928, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 227:32-5. 2002....
- Testosterone regulates mRNA levels of calcium regulatory proteins in cardiac myocytesK L Golden
Department of Physiology, and Internal Medicine, Wayne State University and John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Horm Metab Res 36:197-202. 2004....
- Acute actions of testosterone on contractile function of isolated rat ventricular myocytesKish L Golden
Department of Physiology, and Internal Medicine, Wayne State University and John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Detroit, MI 48 201, USA
Eur J Endocrinol 152:479-83. 2005....
- Gonadectomy alters myosin heavy chain composition in isolated cardiac myocytesKish L Golden
Departments of Physiology and Internal Medicine, Wayne State University and John D Dingell VA Medical Center Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Endocrine 24:137-40. 2004..The influence of testosterone on MHC composition in males may underlie some of the observed sex differences in cardiac function...
- Castration reduces mRNA levels for calcium regulatory proteins in rat heartKish L Golden
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Endocrine 19:339-44. 2002..These results provide the first evidence that testosterone regulates expression of myocardial calcium regulating genes and thus may play a role in modulating the cardiac phenotype in males...
- Gonadectomy of adult male rats reduces contractility of isolated cardiac myocytesKish L Golden
Department of Physiology and Internal Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 421 E Canfield Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285:E449-53. 2003....
- In vivo regulation of Na/Ca exchanger expression by adrenergic effectorsK L Golden
Program in Molecular and Cellular Cardiology and Department of Physiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H1376-82. 2001..05) after a 7-day treatment. We conclude that a 7-day treatment of alpha- and beta-adrenergic agonists increases the expression of functional Na/Ca exchangers in adult rat heart...
- Norepinephrine regulates the in vivo expression of the L-type calcium channelKish L Golden
Department of Physiology and Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Mol Cell Biochem 236:107-14. 2002..01). We conclude norepinephrine treatment alters DHPr mRNA and protein levels, and augments excitation-contraction coupling, and thus may be important for modulating cardiac calcium homeostasis in vivo...
- Gonadectomy and androgen replacement alter cardiac performance in conscious adult male ratsKish L Golden
Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Clin Exp Hypertens 27:593-604. 2005..Sex steroids are likely contributors to gender-related differences in cardiac function...
- Inhibition of sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase differentially regulates contractile function in cardiac myocytes from normotensive and spontaneously hypertensive rats: role of Ca2+ regulatory proteinsShi Yan Li
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Center for Cardiovascular Research and Alternative Medicine, University of Wyoming College of Health Sciences, Laramie, WY 82071 3375, USA
Cell Biochem Biophys 42:1-12. 2005....
- The effects of androgens on calcium homeostasis in card*Kish Golden; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these experiments will shed light into the role of androgens in regulating cardiac contractile function...