Hermann J Engels
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Bench/step training with and without extremity loading. Effects on muscular fitness, body composition profile, and psychological affectH J Engels
Division of HPR Exercise Science, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Sports Med Phys Fitness 42:71-8. 2002..To study the effect of bench/step group exercise with and without extremity loading on muscular fitness, body composition, and psychological affect...
- Effects of ginseng on secretory IgA, performance, and recovery from interval exerciseHermann J Engels
Division of Kinesiology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:690-6. 2003..This study examined the efficacy of ginseng to modulate secretory immunoglobulin A (SIgA), exercise performance, and recovery from repeated bouts of strenuous physical exertion...
- Promoting healthful diets and exercise: efficacy of a 12-week after-school program in urban African AmericansHermann J Engels
Division of Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 105:455-9. 2005..After-school programs like the Students and Parents Actively Involved in Being Fit initiative can potentially contribute to improved health levels in urban African Americans...
- Mucosal IgA and URTI in American college football players: a year longitudinal studyMariane M Fahlman
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 37:374-80. 2005....
- Resting energy expenditure and delayed-onset muscle soreness after full-body resistance training with an eccentric concentrationKyle J Hackney
Division of Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Strength Cond Res 22:1602-9. 2008..The main finding of this investigation is that full-body resistance training with an eccentric concentration significantly increased REE up to 72 hours postexercise in UT and RT participants...
- Effects of caffeine on linear and nonlinear measures of heart rate variability before and after exerciseVikram K Yeragani
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Depress Anxiety 21:130-4. 2005..These findings may have implications for patients with cardiac illness and anxiety, depression, and psychotic disorders who use beverages containing excessive caffeine...