R C Burack
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Follow-up among women with an abnormal mammogram in an HMO: is it complete, timely, and efficient?R C Burack
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Manag Care 6:1102-13. 2000..To describe the extent to which women with seriously abnormal mammograms complete indicated follow-up, the timeliness of this follow-up, and variations in the pattern of use of diagnostic procedures...
- The effect of adding Pap smear information to a mammography reminder system in an HMO: results of randomized controlled trialRobert C Burack
Department of Internal Medicine, University Health Center 5C, 4201 St Antoine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Prev Med 36:547-54. 2003..While reminders can promote cancer screening in primary care, little is known about the potential interaction between multiple reminders...
- The effect of patient reminders on the use of screening mammography in an urban health department primary care settingM S Simon
Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute at Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 65:63-70. 2001..In conclusion, letters targeted at women due for screening mammograms did not have a beneficial effect on mammography utilization above and beyond that of a physician medical record reminder...
- Health status and mammography use among older womenR C Burack
Department of Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:366-72. 1998..Doing so will allow for the selective promotion of screening mammography among those older women most likely to benefit...
- Delivery of preventive health services for breast cancer control: a longitudinal view of a randomized controlled trialPhyllis A Gimotty
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Health Serv Res 37:65-85. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Longitudinal models that examine rates of referral over time and include information about outcomes on previous visits can enhance our understanding of how intervention strategies work in practice...
- The association between the pre-diagnosis mammography screening interval and advanced breast cancerAnupam Goel
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine, Wayne State University, UHC, Suite 5C, 4201 St Antoine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 102:339-45. 2007..While screening has been demonstrated to reduce breast cancer mortality, the optimal screening interval is unknown. We designed a study to determine the risk of an advanced breast cancer diagnosis by varying the interval between mammograms...
- Telephone reminders increase re-screening in a county breast screening programAnupam Goel
Medical Group Quality, Safety and Decision Support, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 19:512-21. 2008..Mammography can reduce breast cancer mortality through routine screening. We tested an intervention to increase re-screening in a county program...