Lorraine R Buis
Affiliation: Wayne State University
- Evaluating Active U: an Internet-mediated physical activity programLorraine R Buis
Wayne State University College of Nursing, 5557 Cass Ave, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
BMC Public Health 9:331. 2009....
- Barriers encountered during enrollment in an internet-mediated randomized controlled trialLorraine R Buis
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Trials 10:76. 2009....
- Health and medical blog content and its relationships with blogger credentials and blog hostLorraine R Buis
College of Nursing Adult Health, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Health Commun 24:703-10. 2009..In addition, distinct differences in patterns of content were evident between credentialed and noncredentialed bloggers, as well as different blog hosts...
- Comparison of social support content within online communities for high- and low-survival-rate cancersLorraine R Buis
College of Nursing Adult Health, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 29:461-7. 2011..Deviations from theoretically predicted results suggest that individuals experiencing low-survival-rate cancers may have a greater desire for informational support online than individuals experiencing high-survival-rate cancers...
- Integrating an internet-mediated walking program into family medicine clinical practice: a pilot feasibility studyDavid E Goodrich
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, 1018 Fuller St, Ann Arbor, 48104, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:47. 2011....
- An online community improves adherence in an internet-mediated walking program. Part 1: results of a randomized controlled trialCaroline R Richardson
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 1213, United States
J Med Internet Res 12:e71. 2010..However, the impact of some Internet-mediated programs is limited by high attrition rates. Online communities that allow participants to communicate with each other by posting and reading messages may decrease participant attrition...
- Physical activity in postdeployment Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom veterans using Department of Veterans Affairs servicesLorraine R Buis
College of Nursing, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 48:901-11. 2011..Physical activity promotes health, and strategies are needed to facilitate physical activity in this population...
- Emotional and informational support messages in an online hospice support communityLorraine R Buis
Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development Service, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Comput Inform Nurs 26:358-67. 2008..Overall, encouragement/support themes were the most common type of emotional support, and medication/treatment themes were the most common type of informational support...