Bradley V Watts
- Examination of the effectiveness of the Mental Health Environment of Care Checklist in reducing suicide on inpatient mental health unitsBradley V Watts
VA National Center for Patient Safety, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 69:588-92. 2012..Many methods have been proposed, but no interventions have been tested...
- A sham controlled study of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for posttraumatic stress disorderBradley V Watts
Veterans Engineering Resource Center, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
Brain Stimul 5:38-43. 2012..Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a commonly occurring and often debilitating psychiatric condition. There currently is not definitive information regarding the efficacy of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS) for PTSD...
- An examination of mortality and other adverse events related to electroconvulsive therapy using a national adverse event report systemBradley V Watts
Veterans Administration Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
J ECT 27:105-8. 2011..Much of the published literature is based either on a limited number of ECT providers or reports not representative of modern ECT practice...
- Use of the Safety Attitudes Questionnaire as a measure in patient safety improvementBradley V Watts
VA National Quality Scholars Fellowship Program, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
J Patient Saf 6:206-9. 2010..We report on an attempt to use the Safety Attitude Questionnaire as an outcome measure for a patient safety implementation project...
- Does the Veterans Affairs depression performance measure predict quality care?Brian Shiner
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center, White River Junction, Vermont, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 37:170-7. 2011..The VA depression performance measure was compared with an empirically validated model for assessing adherence to important depression treatment processes...
- Improving efficiency and access to mental health care: combining integrated care and advanced accessAndrew Pomerantz
Mental Health and Behavioral Science Service, White River Junction VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:546-51. 2008..To provide an example of implementation of a new program that enhances access to mental health care in primary care...
- Usefulness of symptom feedback to providers in an integrated primary care--mental health care clinicLisa Zubkoff
White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center WRJ VAMC, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:91-3. 2012..Measurement-based care has been endorsed but not embraced in mental health settings. There is currently little guidance regarding the best methods to implement measurement-based care...
- The White River model of colocated collaborative care: A platform for mental and behavioral health care in the medical homeAndrew S Pomerantz
White River Junction VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT, USA
Fam Syst Health 28:114-29. 2010..Originally developed in a capitated health care system, adherence to general principles that guided its development may be useful in any system of care...
- Access to VA services for returning veterans with PTSDBrian Shiner
VA Medical Center, 215 Main Street, 11Q, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Mil Med 177:814-22. 2012....
- Sensitivity of the SF-36 to PTSD symptom change in veteransBrian Shiner
White River Junction VA Medical Center 11Q, 215 North Main Street, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Trauma Stress 24:111-5. 2011..Moreover, these changes in functioning were clinically significant on several SF-36 subscales and on one summary scale...
- Comparing the stability of diagnosis in full vs. partial posttraumatic stress disorderBrian Shiner
VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:520-5. 2012..Mental health treatments delivered to the two groups were similar. These diagnoses appear to be different, suggesting that people with partial PTSD may benefit from a different clinical approach...
- Supplier-induced demand for psychiatric admissions in Northern New EnglandBradley V Watts
Department of Psychiatry, Dartmouth Medical School, VA Medical Center, 215 North Main Street, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
BMC Psychiatry 11:146. 2011..Our secondary hypothesis was that the construction of psychiatric HSAs (PHSAs) would yield more meaningful results than the use of existing general medical hospital service areas...
- Using root cause analysis to reduce falls with injury in the psychiatric unitAlexandra Lee
Veterans Affairs National Center for Patient Safety Patient Safety Fellowship, White River Junction VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 34:304-11. 2012..The objective was to identify how falls on psychiatric units occur, the underlying root causes and effective action plans to reduce falls and injuries...
- Strategies to improve compensation and pension timeliness: lessons learned from high-performing facilitiesBelinda V Luk
VA New England Healthcare Engineering Partnership, White River Junction Field Office, 215 North Main Street, 11Q, White River Junction, VT 05009, USA
Mil Med 175:978-82. 2010..Distillation of these characteristics provides guidance to other VHA facilities seeking to improve their C&P timeliness...
- Outcomes of a quality improvement project integrating mental health into primary careBradley V Watts
Outcomes REAP, White River Junction VAMC, White River Junction, Vermont 05009, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 16:378-81. 2007..This study examined the effectiveness of a quality improvement project improving access to mental healthcare in a large primary care clinic...