Beth A Vorderstrasse
Affiliation: Washington State University
- Alcohol consumption suppresses mammary tumor metastasis in a syngeneic tumor transplantation modelBeth A Vorderstrasse
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Wegner Hall, 1505 Stadium Way, Pullman, WA 99164 6534, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 136:729-37. 2012..2 cells in vitro. Our results indicate that, for this murine model, alcohol consumption does not exacerbate tumor metastasis, and that High alcohol consumption reduces tumor spread...
- Mechanistic exploration of AhR-mediated host protection against Streptococcus pneumoniae infectionTao Wang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 13:490-8. 2012..Results showed that TCDD must be administered in advance of exposure to bacteria, suggesting that the lung environment is rendered inhospitable to the pathogens...
- Activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor diminishes the memory response to homotypic influenza virus infection but does not impair host resistanceB Paige Lawrence
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology Toxicology Program, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6534, USA
Toxicol Sci 79:304-14. 2004..These findings have implications for determining the mechanisms by which AhR ligands adversely affect lymphocyte function and understanding the mechanisms that control the acquisition of immunological memory...
- Activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor by TCDD inhibits mammary tumor metastasis in a syngeneic mouse model of breast cancerTao Wang
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Toxicol Sci 124:291-8. 2011..These observations in immunologically intact animals warrant further investigation into the mechanism of the protective effects of AhR activation and support the promise for use of AhR modulators to treat breast cancer...
- Protection against lethal challenge with Streptococcus pneumoniae is conferred by aryl hydrocarbon receptor activation but is not associated with an enhanced inflammatory responseBeth A Vorderstrasse
Dept of Environmental Medicine, Box 850, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 575 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Infect Immun 74:5679-86. 2006..This suggests that the protective effect of AhR activation is not the result of altered immune function but instead may reflect a direct effect on the response of lung cells to infection...
- A dose-response study of the effects of prenatal and lactational exposure to TCDD on the immune response to influenza a virusBeth A Vorderstrasse
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology Toxicology Program, and Center for Reproductive Biology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6534, USA
J Toxicol Environ Health A 69:445-63. 2006..Moreover, we demonstrate a clear dose at which no observable effects on immune function later in life were detected...
- Fewer CTL, not enhanced NK cells, are sufficient for viral clearance from the lungs of immunocompromised miceHaley D Neff-LaFord
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the Pharmacology Toxicology Graduate Program, College of Pharmacy, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Cell Immunol 226:54-64. 2003..In contrast, removal of CD8+ T cells ablated virus-specific cytolytic activity. These results demonstrate that the pulmonary CTL response to influenza virus is robust and few CTL are necessary for viral clearance...
- A novel effect of dioxin: exposure during pregnancy severely impairs mammary gland differentiationBeth A Vorderstrasse
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, USA
Toxicol Sci 78:248-57. 2004....
- Examining the relationship between impaired host resistance and altered immune function in mice treated with TCDDBeth A Vorderstrasse
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Washington State University, Wegner Hall, Pullman, WA 99264 6534, USA
Toxicology 188:15-28. 2003....
- Activation of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor is essential for mediating the anti-inflammatory effects of a novel low-molecular-weight compoundB Paige Lawrence
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester, NY, USA
Blood 112:1158-65. 2008..These data identify the AhR protein as key molecular target of VAF347 and its essential role for mediating the anti-inflammatory effects of the compound in vitro and in vivo...
- Influence of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin on the antigen-presenting activity of dendritic cellsBeth A Vorderstrasse
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA
Toxicol Sci 72:103-12. 2003..This, in turn, may alter the survival of the T cells, the DC, or both, and might lead to dysregulation of the immune response...