Massaro W Ueti
Affiliation: Washington State University
- Ueti M, Knowles D, Davitt C, Scoles G, Baszler T, Palmer G. Quantitative differences in salivary pathogen load during tick transmission underlie strain-specific variation in transmission efficiency of Anaplasma marginale. Infect Immun. 2009;77:70-5 pubmed publisher....
- Hussein H, Scoles G, Ueti M, Suarez C, Adham F, Guerrero F, et al. Targeted silencing of the Aquaporin 2 gene of Rhipicephalus (Boophilus) microplus reduces tick fitness. Parasit Vectors. 2015;8:618 pubmed publisher..microplus and tick-borne parasites. ..
- Capelli Peixoto J, Carvalho D, Johnson W, Scoles G, FogaÃ§a A, Daffre S, et al. The transcription factor Relish controls Anaplasma marginale infection in the bovine tick Rhipicephalus microplus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;74:32-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is plausible to hypothesize that microplusin may be involved in the A.Â marginale control. This study provides the first evidence of IMD signaling pathway participation on the A.Â marginale control in R.Â microplus. ..
- Kappmeyer L, Thiagarajan M, Herndon D, Ramsay J, Caler E, Djikeng A, et al. Comparative genomic analysis and phylogenetic position of Theileria equi. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:603 pubmed publisher..equi relative to sequenced apicomplexan parasites...
- Ueti M, Reagan J, Knowles D, Scoles G, Shkap V, Palmer G. Identification of midgut and salivary glands as specific and distinct barriers to efficient tick-borne transmission of Anaplasma marginale. Infect Immun. 2007;75:2959-64 pubmed..These results establish that there are at least two specific barriers to efficient tick-borne transmission, the midgut and salivary glands, and highlight the complexity of the pathogen-tick interaction...
- Ueti M, Mealey R, Kappmeyer L, White S, Kumpula McWhirter N, Pelzel A, et al. Re-emergence of the apicomplexan Theileria equi in the United States: elimination of persistent infection and transmission risk. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44713 pubmed publisher....