C E Suarez
Affiliation: Washington State University
- Alzan H, Silva M, Davis W, Herndon D, Schneider D, Suarez C. Geno- and phenotypic characteristics of a transfected Babesia bovis 6-Cys-E knockout clonal line. Parasit Vectors. 2017;10:214 pubmed publisher..Further investigation is underway to determine if the 6-Cys E protein is required for replication and sexual stage development of B. bovis during tick stages. ..
- Kappmeyer L, Thiagarajan M, Herndon D, Ramsay J, Caler E, Djikeng A, et al. Comparative genomic analysis and phylogenetic position of Theileria equi. BMC Genomics. 2012;13:603 pubmed publisher..equi relative to sequenced apicomplexan parasites...
- Suarez C, Florin Christensen M, Hines S, Palmer G, Brown W, McElwain T. Characterization of allelic variation in the Babesia bovis merozoite surface antigen 1 (MSA-1) locus and identification of a cross-reactive inhibition-sensitive MSA-1 epitope. Infect Immun. 2000;68:6865-70 pubmed
- Suarez C, Palmer G, Hotzel I, McElwain T. Structure, sequence, and transcriptional analysis of the Babesia bovis rap-1 multigene locus. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1998;93:215-24 pubmed..bigemina versus B. bovis are reflected in the marked structural and antigenic polymorphism in the B. bigemina RAP-1 molecules as compared with the essentially monomorphic RAP-1 in B. bovis...
- Suarez C, Laughery J, Schneider D, Sondgeroth K, McElwain T. Acute and persistent infection by a transfected Mo7 strain of Babesia bovis. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2012;185:52-7 pubmed publisher..Together, the data demonstrates that exogenous B. bovis transgenes can be expressed and remain stable throughout acute and persistent infection in calves...
- Suarez C, McElwain T. Stable expression of a GFP-BSD fusion protein in Babesia bovis merozoites. Int J Parasitol. 2009;39:289-97 pubmed publisher..bovis, one of the three major tick-borne parasites that limit global livestock production...