P K Stein
Affiliation: Washington University School of Medicine
- Insights from the study of heart rate variabilityP K Stein
Division of Cardiology, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Annu Rev Med 50:249-61. 1999..g. ejection fraction, can identify cardiac patients at especially high risk of mortality. Many but not all interventions associated with increased HRV are also associated with better survival rates...
- Effect of exercise training on heart rate variability in healthy older adultsP K Stein
Division of Cardiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Am Heart J 138:567-76. 1999..To determine the effect of exercise training on cardiac autonomic modulation in normal older adults by using analysis of heart rate variability...
- Severe depression is associated with markedly reduced heart rate variability in patients with stable coronary heart diseaseP K Stein
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Psychosom Res 48:493-500. 2000..The purpose of this study was to investigate the relationship between depression and heart rate variability in cardiac patients...
- Depression, heart rate variability, and acute myocardial infarctionR M Carney
Departments of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Circulation 104:2024-8. 2001..Reduced heart rate variability (HRV) has been suggested as a possible explanation for this association. The purpose of this study was to determine if depression is associated with reduced HRV in patients with a recent MI...
- RR interval dynamics before atrial fibrillation in patients after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryC W Hogue
Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Circulation 98:429-34. 1998..Because nonlinear methods of HRV analysis provide information about heart rate dynamics not evident from usual HRV measures, we also hypothesized that approximate entropy (ApEn), a nonlinear measure of HRV, might have predictive value...
- Effect of moricizine on heart rate variability in normal subjectsP K Stein
Division of Cardiology, Jewish Hospital of St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Int J Cardiol 48:59-65. 1995..Thus, moricizine decreases both vagal tone and longer term components of heart rate variability. This decrease produced by moricizine is similar to that reported with other type 1 antiarrhythmics...
- Association between heart rate variability recorded on postoperative day 1 and length of stay in abdominal aortic surgery patientsP K Stein
Cardiovascular Division, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, USA
Crit Care Med 29:1738-43. 2001..The strongest HRV predictors of outcome were natural logarithm very-low-frequency power measured over 24 hrs and during the daytime. Results support the potential use of HRV for the prediction of postsurgical resource utilization...
- The relationship of heart rate and heart rate variability to non-diabetic fasting glucose levels and the metabolic syndrome: the Cardiovascular Health StudyP K Stein
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63108, USA
Diabet Med 24:855-63. 2007....