Leslie K Sprunger
Affiliation: Washington State University
- Reorganizing small animal gross anatomy: improving the faculty and student experience and incorporating non-technical competency developmentLeslie K Sprunger
Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Physiology, Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Pullman, WA, 99164 6520 USA
J Vet Med Educ 32:255-63. 2005..Overall, the changes were well received by both faculty and students and were, in our view, of sufficient value that this course organization plan would be used regardless of class size...
- Facilitating appreciation of anatomical variation and development of teamwork skills in the gross anatomy laboratory using a cadaver reassignment systemLeslie K Sprunger
Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
J Vet Med Educ 35:110-7. 2008..Frequent specimen reassignments offer an opportunity to model public accountability for work and some aspects of the relationships between multiple health care teams caring for a patient...
- A low-cost telemetry system suitable for measuring mouse biopotentialsDavid C Lin
Program in Bioengineering, Washington State University, P O Box 646520, Pullman, WA 99164, United States
Med Eng Phys 30:199-205. 2008..In conclusion, the telemetry system was low-cost due to the availability of the components, straightforward to implement, and provided biopotential recordings suitable for measuring physiological parameters in an awake mouse...
- Expression of transient receptor potential channels and two-pore potassium channels in subtypes of vagal afferent neurons in ratHuan Zhao
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Veterinary and Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Physiology, WashingtonState University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G212-21. 2010....
- Recovery of viscerosensory innervation from the dorsal root ganglia of the adult rat following capsaicin-induced injuryZachary R Gallaher
Department of Veterinary Comparative Anatomy, Pharmacology, and Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 6520, USA
J Comp Neurol 518:3529-40. 2010..These data strongly support the conclusion that restoration of spinal afferent projections and signaling occurs in adult rats following capsaicin-induced damage...
- Molecular and pathological effects of a modifier gene on deficiency of the sodium channel Scn8a (Na(v)1.6)Jennifer A Kearney
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Hum Mol Genet 11:2765-75. 2002..medJ mice provide a model for the physiological effects of sodium channel deficiency and the molecular mechanism of bigenic disease...
- High-resolution mapping of the sodium channel modifier Scnm1 on mouse chromosome 3 and identification of a 1.3-kb recombination hot spotDavid A Buchner
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Genomics 82:452-9. 2003..5 cM/Mb. The role of the modifier in other disorders in human and mouse can be tested with linked markers described here...
- Comparison of gamma-aminobutyrate receptors in the medial vestibular nucleus of control and Scn8a mutant miceYizhe Sun
Division of Otolaryngology and Dentistry, Department of Surgery, University of Toledo College of Medicine, 3000 Arlington Avenue, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Brain Res 1186:188-93. 2007..Other possible explanations of the results cannot be excluded since the Scn8a mutation affects other neuron types besides Purkinje cells...