Affiliation: Washington State University
- Duration effects in contingency management treatment of methamphetamine disordersJohn M Roll
Washington State University, Program of Excellence in the Addictions, WA, USA
Addict Behav 38:2455-62. 2013..A significant effect of treatment condition (p<0.05) and time (p<0.05) on abstinence over time was also found. Longer durations of CM were more effective for maintaining methamphetamine abstinence...
- Disparities in unmet need for mental health services in the United States, 1997-2010John M Roll
Division of Health Sciences, Department of Health Policy and Administration, and College of Nursing, Washington State University, P O B 1495, Spokane, WA 99210, USA
Psychiatr Serv 64:80-2. 2013....
- Preference for gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) in current usersJohn M Roll
Washington State University, Program of Excellence in the Addictions, USA
J Exp Anal Behav 97:323-31. 2012..e., 24/25) of choices were for active GHB. Based on these data, GHB appears likely to function as a dose-dependent reinforcer for humans based on our sample...
- Contingency management: schedule effectsJohn M Roll
Washington State University WIMRT, P O Box 1495, Spokane, WA 99210 1495, USA
Psychiatry Res 144:91-3. 2006..Results suggest that schedules incorporating an increasing magnitude of reinforcement for consecutive abstinences with a reset in reinforcer magnitude for a positive drug test produce superior results...
- The relative contribution of economic valence to contingency management efficacy: a pilot studyJohn M Roll
Program of Excellence in the Addictions, Washington State University, P O Box 1495, Spokane, Washington 99210, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 41:629-33. 2008....
- Assessing the feasibility of using contingency management to modify cigarette smoking by adolescentsJohn M Roll
Friends Research Institute, USA
J Appl Behav Anal 38:463-7. 2005..Results suggest that the intervention was generally successful and that further investigation of this topic is warranted...
- Contingency management for the treatment of methamphetamine use disordersJohn M Roll
David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 163:1993-9. 2006..An experimentally rigorous investigation on the topic was provided by a large multisite trial conducted under the auspices of the Clinical Trials Network of the National Institute on Drug Abuse...
- Contingency management: an evidence-based component of methamphetamine use disorder treatmentsJohn M Roll
Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99210, USA
Addiction 102:114-20. 2007..To review briefly some of the available evidence regarding the utility of contingency management in treating methamphetamine use disorders...
- Identifying predictors of treatment outcome in a drug court programJohn M Roll
Friends Research Institute, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 31:641-56. 2005..Second, individuals with a history of illicit intravenous drug use were less likely to complete the program...
- A comparison of voucher exchanges between criminal justice involved and noninvolved participants enrolled in voucher-based contingency management drug abuse treatment programsJohn M Roll
University of California Los Angeles, Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 31:393-401. 2005....
- Potential sources of reinforcement and punishment in a drug-free treatment clinic: client and staff perceptionsJohn M Roll
Friends Research Institute, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 31:21-33. 2005..The results also suggest that the clinic staff perceives potential sources of punishment as more aversive than do the clients...
- Relationship between Tridimensional Personality Questionnaire scores and clinic attendance among cocaine abusing, buprenorphine maintained outpatientsJohn M Roll
Washington Institution for Mental Illness Research and Training, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99210, USA
Subst Use Misuse 39:1025-40. 2004..Demographics, substance use severity, and psychiatric distress did not have significant relationships with these attendance measures...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of baclofen and gabapentin for the treatment of methamphetamine dependenceKeith G Heinzerling
Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 85:177-84. 2006..To conduct a 16-week, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind trial of two GABAergic medications, baclofen (20 mg tid) and gabapentin (800 mg tid), for the treatment of methamphetamine dependence...
- Use of vouchers to reinforce abstinence and positive behaviors among clients in a drug court treatment programMichael L Prendergast
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 35:125-36. 2008....
- Longitudinal missing data strategies for substance use clinical trials using generalized estimating equations: an example with a buprenorphine trialSterling McPherson
College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington, USA Department of Psychology, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, USA Program of Excellence in the Addictions, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington, USA Program for Rural Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington, USA Translational Addictions Research Center, Washington State University, Spokane, Washington, USA
Hum Psychopharmacol 28:506-15. 2013..A review of substance use clinical trials indicates that sub-optimal methods are the most commonly used procedures to deal with longitudinal missing information...
- Missing data in substance abuse treatment research: current methods and modern approachesSterling McPherson
College of Nursing, Department of Psychology, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99210 1295, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 20:243-50. 2012....
- Contingency management for treatment of substance use disorders: a meta-analysisMichael Prendergast
Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Addiction 101:1546-60. 2006..To examine the effectiveness of contingency management (CM) techniques in treating substance use disorders (i.e. illicit drugs, alcohol, tobacco)...
- Investigating the use of contingency management in the treatment of cocaine abuse among individuals with schizophrenia: a feasibility studyJohn M Roll
UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Psychiatry Res 125:61-4. 2004..This early period of sobriety may represent a clinically relevant window of opportunity during which intensive psychosocial or social work interventions might have a greater chance for success...
- Hookah use: going down in smokeKawkab Shishani
College of Nursing, Washington State University, Spokane, Spokane, WA 99210, USA
J Addict Nurs 23:112-5. 2012..A failure to address all tobacco products as unique, individual entities undermines any success in public policy efforts to control tobacco use...
- Medicare prescription drug plan coverage of pharmacotherapies for opioid and alcohol dependence in WAJae Kennedy
Department of Health Policy and Administration, Washington State University, Spokane, WA 99210, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 114:201-6. 2011..The objective of this study is to assess the current availability and cost of five common antiaddiction medications in the largest federal medication insurance program in the US, Medicare Part D...
- Effects of a randomized contingency management intervention on opiate abstinence and retention in methadone maintenance treatment in ChinaYih Ing Hser
University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90025, USA
Addiction 106:1801-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to apply and test if a contingency management (or motivational incentives) intervention can improve treatment retention and reduce drug use...
- Randomized, placebo-controlled trial of sertraline and contingency management for the treatment of methamphetamine dependenceSteven Shoptaw
Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 10880 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1800, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 85:12-8. 2006..This project evaluated the efficacy of sertraline (50mg bid) and contingency management (CM) for the treatment of methamphetamine dependence...
- Effects of lower-cost incentives on stimulant abstinence in methadone maintenance treatment: a National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network studyJessica M Peirce
Mid Atlantic Node, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:201-8. 2006....
- Prize-based contingency management does not increase gamblingNancy M Petry
Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 3944, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 83:269-73. 2006..No differences in gambling over time were noted between those assigned to the prize CM versus standard care conditions, indicating that this prize CM procedure does not adversely impact gambling behavior among stimulant abusers...
- Effect of prize-based incentives on outcomes in stimulant abusers in outpatient psychosocial treatment programs: a national drug abuse treatment clinical trials network studyNancy M Petry
Department of Psychiatry, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 62:1148-56. 2005....
- Reinforcement of counseling attendance and alcohol abstinence in a community-based dual-diagnosis treatment program: a feasibility studyTodd C Helmus
Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Substance Abuse Research Division, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 17:249-51. 2003..Thus, no contingency effect on alcohol use could be determined. Results suggest that CM interventions can be effective in increasing attendance in a community treatment program for the dually diagnosed...
- Behavior Change: Reinforcemnt Schedule EffectsJohn Roll; Fiscal Year: 2006..Based on the widespread success of contingency management across many different applications, we believe that the results of the proposed study will have 9enerality beyond the field of substance abuse treatment. ..
- Human Behavorial Pharmacology of GHBJohn Roll; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Human Methamphetamine Use: A ModelJohn Roll; Fiscal Year: 2002..Studies using laboratory models of human drug use can inform subsequent clinical trials and help to focus them on those variables which are likely to be important. ..
- ADOLESCENT SMOKING CESSATIONJohn Roll; Fiscal Year: 2002..Secondarily, the proposed study will provide valuable information on the nicotine withdrawal syndrome in adolescents, a topic about which relatively little is known. ..
- Contingency Management: Duration EffectsJohn Roll; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is timely, given the burgeoning rates of methamphetamine abuse being reported. ..